2

I wake up to someone tapping my arm. I shoot up from my seat and one of the police officers I came here with looking at me.

"Your father is here." He says a motions me to follow him.

I feel my nerves getting stronger and try to calm myself. He's doing this because he has to, when i turn 18 in about 1 and 1/2 years I'll leave with my baby.

We turn a corner and that's when I see them. My father and oldest brother Alex. They're both wearing suits and scaring the crap out of the office lady. They are covered in tattoos, but my father always was. There tall. I would say about 6,1 to 6,3.

Father's just like I remember him, and doesn't look like he's aged at all. Alex on the other hand looks like a man now. He looks more mature.

I know that he's not the only one that's changed. My face filled out and hair grew out to about the middle of my back. I wear black, baggy clothes and have dead eyes. That's what happens when you have been tortured since you were 10.

They hear our footsteps approaching and turn their heads. I watch their faces as they take me in.

When we finally stop infront of them, father looks at me with love, astonishment, and guilt. Maybe I'm making up the guilt tho.

"Hi sis. I missed you. Do you have all of your stuff?" Alex asks

"Yeah I have all of my stuff. Are you ready to go or do you still need to do stuff?" I ask, totally ignoring my father's presence.

"We can go. It's gonna be a long drive so we'll probably drive overnight. It's best if we leave now." I nod and start walking out of the police station. I hear 2 sets of footsteps behind me so I assume they're following me.

Alex walks to a car and I trail behind. He unlocks the doors and I get into the back. I look out the window as father gets into the passenger seat.

Alex starts driving and I look out to watch scenery go by. I suddenly feel something weird in my stomach.

I jump and look down. It happens again, so I put my hand on my stomach. It happens again but I know what it is this time. My baby is kicking for the first time.

I smile and rub back and forth on my stomach as I look back out the window. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

—————————————————————————

I wake up to the sound of a car door closing. I'm curled up into a ball and my arms are protectively surrounding my belly.

I look up and see that we're at a gas station. It looks to be the dead of night. There are no other cars on the road or in front of the gas station.

I see that I'm the only one still in the car so I look over and see my father pumping gas and Alex going into the store. I open the door and get out.

I stretch, feeling the need to pee. I swear I have to pee all the time now. I start walking to the store when I hear my father start talking.

"We're are you going?"

"To pee" I say without turning  around. I keep walking and open the door. The bell rings as I walk inside.

There is a cute boy around my age at the desk, practically asleep but turns his head to look at me as I walk in. You can physically see him perk up. He flashes me a smile.

I smile back and walk over to the bathrooms. There's only one and I assume it's being used by Alex so I walk back out and try to find some snacks.

The boy comes around and starts talking to me.
"What snacks you looking for?"

"Probably something sweet. Maybe some twizzlers or lollipops." I say as I look at him. He smiles softly at me and grabs a lollipop, handing it to me.

Now that's he's closer to me I can see how big he is. He probably a few inches taller than my brothers and that's saying something. He's well built and has a sleeve of tattoos on his arm. He has a cute dimple on his right side when he smiles.

I know this may be too soon but I think I just fell in love.

"Thanks" I say blushing. What is happening I don't blush. "What's your name?"

"My names Ace. What's yours?"

"Avery"

"You have a beautiful name. A beautiful name for a beautiful lady."

"Thank you" I say as I feel my cheeks heat up. "Why are you working at an ungodly hour?"

"I'm trying to help my mom out. My dad left 10 years ago when my little sister was born and she's been struggling ever since. I work at night and help out with my sister durning the day when she's at work."

"I'm sorry! I wouldn't have asked if I knew it was so personal. You seem like a really good brother and son. I bet she appreciates it that you're trying to help her out." I say with a small smile.

"Thanks. That means a lot. Look I know this is weird because it's the middle of the night in a gas station but I was wondering if I could get your number. You're really cute and I would like to get to know you." He asks rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

"Of course you can. Here. It's _________." He puts it into his phone then looks down at me with a smile.

"Thanks I hope you see you around."

"Me too! Text me whenever. I gotta go to the bathroom now." I say as I see Alex come out and look at me and Ace with a glare.

I go into the bathroom and do my business. I wash my hands and come out. I se Alex waiting for me, and Ace at the counter with a small smile on his face. I go over and hand him my stuff.

He scans it all and tells me the total. I pull out my card and pay. I give him a smile and tell him to text me as I walk out with a pissed off Alex next to me.

When I get back into the car, father is already in the drivers seat waiting for us. Alex gets into the car and slams the door.

What the hell is he so mad about.

"Really Avery! I was in the bathroom for 5 minutes and during that time you were flirting with a fucking gas station worker! You even gave him your number!" He said with his hands clenched.

I feel my phone buss so I look down. It's a new number and the said

__________-
Did you get in trouble? Didn't mean for you too.

I knew immediately that it was Ace. I changed his name as Ace 💜.

Me -
Maybe in a little trouble but it's worth it. :)

Ace 💜-
Good. I have to get back to work but I'll talk to you tomorrow k?

Me-
Cool. Talk to you tomorrow!

"I get it. He's nice. We didn't even do anything." I respond the Alex because he's still ranting on about Ace.

"We will talk more about this later. Where home." Father announced.

The gas station was only 10 minutes from my house. Idk why we went but I guess that doesn't matter. I got to meet someone close to where I live now.

I look outside and see the house I grew up in. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I probably will never have the same relationship with my father but maybe I can with my brothers. I really hope so.

Maybe this will be a new chapter in my life. A good one. I can only hope as I open the door and get ready to face the rest of my family.

—————————————————————————

What do you think so far?