04- friends or foes

HYDRA BASE: SOKOVIA, RUSSIA ( 2009 )

Svetlana woke up in a van surrounded by men she didn't know. Immediately, panic set in as she tried to grasp what was going on. Confused was an understatement, why didn't they take her to her regular cell? Why was she being taken from her father? Questions appeared in the young girl's brain with every waking second.

She had never been outside the facility, let alone in a van. She had no idea what she was in or where she was being transported to. What she did know was that she wanted her father.

"Ya khochu svoyego ottsa." Svetlana cried to one of the guards. (I want my dad.)

The man chuckled at her request and spat in her face. "Nu eto plokhoye potomstvo." (Well that's too bad offspring.)

Svet scowled at the rude guard and wiped the saliva off her face. She didn't know what to do, or how to react. She knew she felt overwhelmingly worried about her current situation but she couldn't do anything.

Her hands and feet were shackled to the van's floor, they put a sort of chunky collar device on her that was similar to her father's, meaning if she misbehaved, she would be shocked.

Her head still felt foggy and her body ached from the drug she was given as well as the fight she put up.  She was scared of what was happening. Svet was in no condition to fight once again and the collar on her neck would ensure she would be badly hurt if she tried anything.

Despite all that was going on, Svetlana worried about her father. She was scared of what he was going to do if she wasn't there. He saw how he got if the guards so much as shoved her within his eyesight. Now that she wasn't there he knew he would try something that would overall get him into trouble.

She was scared for him and herself. There was no way she was going to get out of this situation, all the odds were stacked against her. She barely knew how to fight, she was small and weak and forced to comply by a device that housed enough electricity to kill her in one click.

There was absolutely nothing she could do. She was stuck.

"Pyat' minut vperedi!" The driver said from the front. ( five minutes out!)

Svetlana had to suppress a gasp of nervousness from escaping her mouth. Where were they five minutes out from? Wherever it was she knew it wasn't safe. God, she just wanted to go home with her dad and her clothes and toys.

She anxiously picked at the skin around her thumbs as she waited for the five minutes to pass. She counted the seconds, just like her father taught her. 1 to 60 5 times, that was five minutes.

She picked and picked and picked until her skin broke and blood seeped through the small openings. She was terrified, her father wasn't here to protect her anymore. He said it himself, she was safe with him. What was going to happen without him even being in the same area? She didn't want to know.

As the van came to a stop Svetlana's stomach dropped. She wasn't ready, she wanted to stay here where no one could hurt her. She didn't want to leave.

Two guards next to her stood up and grabbed her upper arms as they hauled her to her feet. Another came and unlocked her chains from the van and feet but still kept them tightly locked around her wrists.

Finally, she heard doors from the front seats open and close. Not even a minute later the back of the van opened up. She could get a look at the snow-covered floor and the building that stood before her.

It was large, like the castles her picture book depicted. The walls were stone and gray while the windows were tinted so heavily she could barely see out of them.