19 ~ Her pain

VIVAAN

"Okay fine, tell me why you don't prefer the front seat in the car".

She stayed silent. She hid her face inside my chest and was quiet.

And suddenly I felt something wet on my chest.
I pulled her a little upward and found that she was crying silently.

"Hey hey! What happened? Why are you crying? Shit!", I cupped her cheeks and asked.

She was silent and was sobbing.

"I'm sorry Aisha please don't cry please", I said to her.

She shook her head slowly.
"What happened Aisha? Tell me? Tell me my baby?", I asked her.

She hid again in my arms and I couldn't help and held her tightly closer to me.

I was caressing her head gently.

She started speaking after calming down,

"Uss din, Mai, meri behen, mummy aur papa dinner pe bahar Jaa rahe the.. mere graduate hone ki khushi me... Dinner pe... Kafi raat hogayi thi, Mai zid karke front seat pe baithi thi, papa ke bagal me... Car turning le rahi thi.. aur achanak se..",

"That day, I, my sister, mummy and papa were going out for dinner... On the occasion of my graduation.. we decided to go on dinner...it was quite late at night, I was hell bent on to sit on the front seat... My father was sitting beside me.. the car was taking a turn.. and suddenly".

Her eyes welled up more and her voice turned into a quite inaudible one.

"Achanak se ek truck... Aakar hamari car se takra gayi... Mai wahi baithi thi.. maine saamne se takrate dekha.."

"Suddenly one truck... Came from side and hit our car... I was sitting right there... I saw it coming from front".

She started sobbing. I calmed her down by caressing her back and kissing on her forehead.

"Meri aankh khuli toh mai hospital me thi, dadi baithi thi mere bagal me. Aur.. aur ro Rahi thi.
Maine unse pucha toh unhone... Kaha .. mummy-papa ...mummy-papa nahi rahe".

"When my eyes opened, I was in the hospital, dadi was sitting beside me. And she... She was crying. I asked her the reason and she said... She said that.. mummy papa... Mummy papa passed away".

I held her more tightly. I knew what her conditon would be right now while narrating the incident. I was kissing on her forehead again and again.

"Bas ho gaya Aisha, ab nahi".

[Enough Aisha, don't talk anymore.]

I spoke to her slowly but she didn't listen to me.

"Mummy-papa Jaa chuke the, maine apni behen ko dhundha....fir .. fir pata chala wo bhi.. wo bhi guzar gayi".

"Mummy papa was already gone, I looked around for my sister.. then...then.. I came to know that... She too died in the accident".

I placed my palm on her lips and stopped her from talking anymore.

I was holding her tightly against my chest and caressing her.

What kind of pain she was hiding inside her! Damn!

I haven't seen a stronger girl than her in my life. She always behaves so kindly with everyone.

I lifted her chin up a little when she became quite.

"Kya haal karliya hai ro ro kar Aisha".

[What have you done of yourself by crying Aisha?]

I spoke softly and wiped her tears off.

"It's okay, I'm proud of you. You're so strong my love, come-on smile now", I said and she smiled slowly.

I kissed on her temple and muttered, "good girl".

She seperated herself from me slowly and tried to get up from her place.

"Were are you leaving alone?", I pulled her back to me.

"Umm leave me", she pulled herself back.

"No, I'll not. Stay here with me".

"Leave me na".

"Why?".

She came near my ear and murmured slowly, "because I need to pee".

I left her hand immediately.

She stood up slowly from the bed and folded her hair into a quick bun.

She was walking towards the washroom and her new pair of anklets were echoing it's sound around our room.

I teased her, "Can I come along?".

She turned back,widened her eyes and moved inside the washroom.

After she came outside, we wrapped our arms around each other.

"Sleepy now?", I asked her in a low voice.

She nodded her head.

"Good night," she spoke and I replied back.

We soon slept together feeling each other.

~~~

My eyes opened with the most beautiful view of my life.

She was standing in front of the vanity mirror and drying her hair with the towel. Her bangles were making tingling noise.

She was wearing a royal blue saree with golden border work on it. Her back was visible because of her low cut blouse.

She wrapped her hair with the towel and turned back.

Our eyes met.
She removed the towel from her hair and muttered slowly, "Good morning".

I stood up from the bed and went near her. I snaked my arms around her bare waist and kept my head on her shoulder.

"Still sleepy?", she asked softly.

I shook my head and replied,
"Just had an urge to smell your scent".

She chuckled.

"Vivaan sir, please leave me, I need to get ready".

I shook my head into 'no'.

She caressed my back gently with her palm.

"Please, I need to go", she pleaded.

"What will I get in return?", I tried to tease her.

She thought something and then replied, "your favourite food whatever you want to eat".

I seperated ourselves and cupped her cheeks with my hands.

"You're going to cook? But why? Aren't the servants enough? You don't need to do such things", I spoke in a serious tone.

She laughed slowly and said, "but it's my first rasoi".

I hugged her again and muttered,

"Aalu Paratha with tomato's sweet chutney".

She looked at me with confusion.

"My favourite food, you asked for it", I added and she smiled.

I seperated and ourselves and moved my steps towards the bathroom while muttering,

"You're looking beautiful."