35 ~ His side of story

AISHA

I wasn't able to believe my own ears. It was him. The first love of my life. The only love of my life.

I cupped his cheeks with my hands and kissed him all over his face while sitting on his lap.

He calmed me down and hugged me tightly as if I was as important for him as air for his lungs.

We laid down on the bed and he gently placed my head on his chest.
I was holding his torso tightly and his arms were wrapped around my body.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?".

He pecked me on my forehead and said,

"I wanted to tell you, but I was searching for the right time. I wanted to give you a surprise on a beautiful day. But you gave me a heart attack instead".

I slapped lightly on his chest.
"I have so many questions in my mind, Vivaan."

"Ask them, I'll answer all of them", he caressed my cheek so gently that I wanted to call deeply into his touch more and more.

"If you knew my insta ID, why didn't you message me earlier?" I asked.

"Not days but years had passed baby, I was sure that you would have forgotten me", he replied in his soft voice, which hada tint of sadness too.

"But I didn't." I literally used to miss him, think about him when I used to be alone. About how would he look like as a grown up. About what if he has a girlfriend. About how lucky his girlfriend must be.

"I hadn't guessed, love".

I hummed.

"When we met first during the interview, you would have told me then?" I tried to make a point.

"Baby, you hadn't even recognised me then. You gave your interview like I was some stranger for you."

God, Yes I hadn't recognised him even a bit. His face is so changed.

His words made sense.

"What if I would've not returned in your life?", I questioned in curiosity.

"I would've married someone else".

I looked at him with my widened eyes and he nodded  his head.

"Mom and dad were forcing me to get married. They were finding a girl for me. But I somehow denied them by telling that I already love someone, which I lied. They gave me a time limit of one month. And luckily, you came to my life again as an angel," he muttered and I smiled listening to him. Magic.

"You did not find anyone for you in these ten years?" I asked. God, he is so handsome, he would have found anyone.

"I did not try for the first seven years, when I stated trying, I found no one like you. Everyone just wanted my money and my body." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I feel as if I'm dreaming".

He placed his lips lightly on my lower lip and bit it roughly with his teeth.

"You're not dreaming".

I smiled.

He looked into my eyes so deeply,

"Aisha, how do I tell you,
The day you stepped into my cabin, I was shocked to see you. I couldn't believe what was happening with me, Aisha. I couldn't believe my eyes that it was you."

I remember that moment.

"Then I read your resume. Your name, the same name.
I just wanted to get up and hug you, then I thought why didn't you react seeing me. I thought you had completely forgotten me."

No. I cannot forget you, Vivaan. Your face just looks so different and more handsome then past.

"But the very next day, I had decided that I would marry you, convince you again.
Then Aniket told me, what if you're married, or you have a boyfriend."

I was listening to his every word very carefully staring directly into his eyes.

"I thought I should wait for a few days.
Then one day, I saw you with someone in the morning, on a bike. I can't tell you what was going through my heart at that time. That very day, I decided that I would first clarify with you whether you are committed to someone."

Oh, the day when I came along with my bestfriend's brother.

"I took you to lunch unknowingly, and after hearing your answer, my heart found peace.
But you still spoke to me like a stranger, then suddenly the next day, you came to me and asked for an advance and leave. I really didn't wanted to give you leave, but it was related to your family, I couldn't refuse."

Ofcourse, how can I forget that day.

"You were absent for two weeks, Aisha, believe me, I felt like I lost you again. You went away from me. You have no idea what was going on in my heart."

"I got your address from the office, and when I reached your home, I found out your grandma wasn't there. As soon as I saw tears in your eyes, I felt like hugging you, and I didn't even stop myself. I don't know why, but that day I wanted to take you with me."

I am happy that I hugged him that day. I'm happy that even though I did not recognise him, he recognised me and took me in his arms because that worked like a magical therapy for me.

"Then the next day, something happened that still shakes my soul even today. When I saw those thugs dragging you, saw you in pain, I felt like destroying the whole world. Seeing your condition, Aisha, I couldn't bear to see you going away from me at all."

His eyes became moist again and the dried tears on his cheeks turned wet again. Tears were falling down from his eyes as well as mine.

"That very night, I decided that I would make you mine, Jaan, right away. And I wouldn't let you go away from myself. I proposed to you, Aisha, after ten years, I proposed to you directly for marriage, and believe me, when you said 'yes,' I was overwhelmed with happiness."

Oh God. Thank God. I said Yes. Otherwise that would have been the biggest regret of my life.

"I felt like the luckiest person in the world, the happiest of all.
After marriage, when I slept in your arms for the first time, it felt like you took away all the pain of the past ten years from me. It was the most peaceful night in the last ten years for me."

I was smiling and he was too.

"Trust me Aisha, bahut pyaar karta hu tumse, haan tumse obsessed hu mai, par yeh toh achi baat hai na Aisha, ek pati apni biwi se obsessed hai, itna ki kisi aur aurat ke taraf aankh utha kar bhi nahi dekhta".

"Trust me, Aisha, I love you very much. Yes, I'm obsessed with you, but isn't it a good thing, Aisha, that a husband is obsessed with his wife, so much so that he doesn't even look at another woman with raised eyes?"

I smiled and pushed myself inside his arms.

He slowly removed the hair strands from my face and muttered in my ear,
"I love you Aisha, I really love you so much. Don't ever leave me alone baby. I'll die without you now".

My heart was racing insanely fast. The boy whom I loved back then in my school, I am in his arms now. My school time love has succeeded finally.

Only thing that I thought to do now was, Thank Mahadev~