Chapter 1. Nothing Fails

Y/N'S POV

As Taylor, her cats, and I board her private plane, the pilot's lingering stare at me doesn't go unnoticed. Because I can be a narcissist, my first conclusion is that he's curious about me, but that's when it dawns on me that the last time he heard about me was when Taylor bribed him to come get me.

A whopping 3 million... yeah, hard to forget...

I offer him a small smile before entering the aisle and setting our bags down. I decide to sit in the seat by the window and I figure Taylor would sit across from me, but my thought is quickly shut down because she sits right next to me, not that I mind of course.

I have my left earbud in and Taylor has the right as she sits on my right side so we can still talk to each other. The current song that is playing is 'Not Enough Time' by INXS and I start to wonder if Taylor gets offended that I don't play her music as often as she might think.

I discretely pull up Spotify on my phone and add 'The 1' to the queue. After INXS ends, Taylor doesn't notice her own beat right away which makes me chuckle. She gives me a puzzled look that quickly turns into a grin after she finally hears her own voice playing in her ear.

"So sneaky..." She says softly before planting a kiss to my temple.

We vibe to her music and I start to wonder about how this trip will go. I still haven't talked to Calum yet and Taylor is 100% supportive of me no matter my decision. At first, I was grateful for that, and I still am, but I can't help but wonder if she still feels that way or if she's holding back on saying something.

I know I haven't exactly been in a healthy relationship before, so it would have to be up to me to be good a reading people's emotions because healthy communication wasn't a thing. The other option is to believe exactly what she says because she means it, but I can't help the small voice in the back of my head that tells me something is wrong.

I do wish Calum was here, though. It will always feel weird without him, but we still need to work through our issues before that can happen. I'm not sure when I wanna talk to him about everything, but Tay says I don't have to. She has that stance of 'you don't have to explain anything to anyone' type of perspective, but how am I supposed to not explain to him why his sister tried to kill herself? That's one of the main reasons why we aren't talking. Cause I don't know how.

It's currently 10 a.m. and we're expected to be in Nashville around 12:30. Personally, I've only been to Tennessee once when I was passing through it. I never stopped to enjoy it, though, so this trip will be different.

All of Taylor's family will be there; her mom, dad, and brother. She tells me her parents aren't together anymore, but they see each other more often than not because of her career. I wanted to ask more questions before, but I could tell she was a little upset. Probably about them not being together anymore. I didn't want to pry, mainly because I obviously have major family issues of my own that I don't like to talk about either. So, maybe she'll wanna open up to me about that another time.

Her brother, Austin, is a producer and businessman. Taylor explained to me that he was interested in movies at a young age and pursued an education in it at a private university. That's what he does now, apart from acting in movies, he produces them. I found that to be pretty cool because that's actually what I wanted to do originally, but there was no money for me there, only for photography. Taylor thinks I'll get along with everyone, but probably with Austin the most seeing how we're both in somewhat similar fields.

I think I'm more nervous than anything, though. Yes, I met Andrea before, but what if Taylor's dad or brother doesn't like me? Will that influence what she thinks about me? I know that might be a silly question, but I care too much about what others think sometimes.