Chapter 6. I'm Only Me When I'm With You

Y/N'S POV

"Are you sure you have to leave today?" I whine, pulling Taylor's arm close to my body.

"Unfortunately yeah... I do. It's either today or this weekend, and we have the reservation this weekend, remember?" Tay explains with a chuckle as she holds me close to her body, kissing the top of my head.

"But did you explain to them that it's your birthday? That's like, cruel and unusual punishment! To Taylor Swift of all people," I plead as I cling to her shoulders, making her laugh.

"I did explain it to them. They know. But it'll be a quick interview and then a media coverage meeting with Tree, then I'm back home with you..... where the two of us will have quite an eventful evening..." She explains as her voice grows more seductive toward the end as she gazes into my eyes, leaning in for a kiss.

My lips meet hers, passionately molding with her own. Her tongue grazes my top lip, slowly gliding over the bottom, but before I can take this a little further, she pulls away.

"I'll be back before you know it, baby" She says with a grin, her hands gently squeezing mine.

"Promise?" I ask cheekily.

"I promise." She smiles before quickly pecking my lips and then turning to walk to the elevator doors.

"Hey, Tay..." I say, stopping her in her tracks.

"Yes, gorgeous?"

"I love you," I tell her firmly, making the smile grow wider on her face.

"I love you more" She chuckles before pressing the open button for the elevator.

"And happy birthday!!" I call out before the doors shut. As the doors close, I hear her muffled laughter, and it's like I can genuinely feel her warm my heart.

As you know, Taylor's birthday is today which means today will be extremely busy because I've been planning a surprise party for her. I'm honestly not too sure if it's a good idea or not, but Gigi said it definitely is and Selena says Taylor always enjoys a good party, so why not. The reason why I'm iffy about it is because Taylor wanted a day with just us, but that conversation was a few weeks ago and I think she was too busy trying to seduce me rather than paying attention to the question I asked.

I did, however, plan a separate surprise for her just in case she didn't like the surprise party I planned for her, but that'll be revealed when it's just the two of us. But for right now, I have to get changed into something I can move around in because Key, Gigi, and Selena are coming over to help set everything up for the party. Thankfully, Taylor won't be back until later this evening, giving us plenty of time to get everything ready.

I do hate that she has to work today, and quite honestly, I'm surprised she didn't ask me to tag along with her seeing how we're going to be working together this upcoming year. She told me that it'll just be her and her publicist going to the interview and then they're going to reconvene at the office for about an hour before she comes home. She says it's a small thing, but when was the last time Taylor did an interview? I might be reading too much into things, but with all my baggage and the work I'm making her do, I don't think Tree likes me very much.

I quickly get changed and head back out into the living room and almost right on time, Selena, Key, and Gigi are stepping out of the elevator with a bunch of party supplies in hand.

"You're so lucky we have like a fifth sense or something because we dodged Taylor in the lobby when she came down," Gigi says as she sets a box of streamers down on the dining table.

"Um... I'm pretty sure it's a sixth sense, and yeah, Gigi's right. Taylor was coming down when we came in" Key corrects her.

"Shit. Did she see you guys?" I ask.