Ability

In his previous life, after he lost his sight and half of his body was paralysed, he became completely dependent on jungkook.

However, everyone believed that he had betrayed jungkook and they treated him like trash. Even though jungkook instructed his maids to take good care of him, his orders were completely neglected.

He did not receive any care whatsoever. Whenever he wanted water or some food, he was always ignored.

Several times, after he dirtied his pants due to his paralytic state, they would leave him be.

That sort of helplessness could not be understood by those who had never experienced it before.

Strangely, since losing his sight, his hearing improved tremendously.

Just by footsteps alone, he could tell who was walking by. Based on the sound of the tray being set down, he could also tell where the maid had left food.

Once, when no one was around, he had been extremely thirsty. All he could think about was water.

He knew that it was only a few steps away. For some reason, when he focused all of his thoughts on it, the glass of water actually trembled.

Afterwards, he concentrated and applied all his strength, making the glass move.

Slowly, he realised that he had a unique ability which a normal person did not possess.

His ability wasn’t an omnipotent or unrealistic one from a fantasy novel or comic.

Instead, it was similar to the movie ‘God of Gamblers’ which Stephen Chow had featured in. He could move things without touching them, look through barriers, influence someone’s thoughts with his mind and even conceal himself. In his previous life, after investing a lot of effort into training himself, he could also walk through walls.

Still, his ability to see through barriers only allowed him to look underneath cards and dice cups.

His ability to conceal himself also wasn’t very strong. He could only temporarily obscure someone’s vision and cause them to believe that he wasn’t present there.

Aside from moving things in the air, everything else consumed a lot of energy. At times, when he overused his ability, he would even lose consciousness.

In his previous life, he often practiced when he was alone for long hours.

He had gradually improved from being able to shake a small glass of water, to lifting it in the air, to bringing things across barriers...

He learned all of these gradually after putting in a lot of effort.

Although jungkook frequently visited him to care for him, his heart had been weak and he needed to undergo several operations. He spent most of his time in the hospital and could not give him the attention he needed.

After he eloped with jaewon, his relationship with jungkook had deteriorated drastically. He stubbornly and repeatedly rebelled against him, causing harm to him. As a result, his heart had suffered multiple agitations.

He was the reason why he eventually needed surgery.

He never expected that, after losing his sight and becoming paralysed, the only time he lived well was when he was by his side.

No one knew of his ability in his previous life. He would only use it to retrieve water when no one would respond to him, or to bring an extra blanket from the cupboard when it was cold. Occasionally, he would also use it to toss his dirty clothes in the bathroom.

Now that he thought about it, in his previous life, he had focused his ability entirely on making life more convenient for himself.

He came back from his memories and tried to concentrate. As he stared at the liquor cabinet, the doors opened and the bottles of alcohol flew out smoothly. They froze in mid-air.

Moments later, the bottles returned back to their original position and the liquor cabinet shut close.

He stood up and headed to the bathroom. Instead of opening the door, he focussed hard and pressed his left middle and index finger to his right ones. He then lifted his feet and walked straight through the wall.

He smiled happily in the bathroom.

His ability was still present. The efforts and practice in his previous life had not been wasted.

Thank god!

In this world, everyone knew that individuals with unique abilities existed.

Under typical circumstances, such individuals would only have a single ability. For example, if they could look under a card, they would not be able to do anything more than that.

That he possessed so many abilities naturally meant he was one in a million.

He had no intention of harming others and never used his powers to be mischievous. He simply wanted to rely on them to protect himself.

After walking through the wall to enter the bathroom, he did not do it again to exit. After all, such a power consumed a lot of energy. He needed to rest or he would exhaust himself.

He opened the door and headed out. He then laid down on the luxurious bed and fell asleep.

Sometime later, the sound of the door opening startled taehyung awake.

He opened his eyes and was surprised by the person who came in.