7

"What's good, what's up, can a-" my best friend screams from the top of her lungs. She stops and looks at me to finish it. I giggle before screaming the rest, "Thot just get a Lil loveeee!" We both burst into laughter.

"What are we doing today?" my best friend asks while plopping down on my sofa.

"Well, I have to go into work at 2 pm, so I don't know about doing something," I say while playing with my freshly done acrylic nails.

"Bitch, it's Sunday. Why are you going to work?" she asks, giving me a stink look.

"'Cause Mr. Clark needs me in today," I say, doing air quotations.

"Bitch, call him Ambrose. Why tf are you calling that dude Mr. Clark?" she remarks while laying her head on my lap. I start playing with her long, thick, freshly washed hair.

"Leave me and my Mr. Clark alone, bitch. Don't you have a guy to worry about?" I ask teasingly.

"Man, whatever, yeah, I do. I'm finna go pop this cat for a real one," she says, getting up and twerking.

"Girl, leave," I say, rolling my eyes.

"I will, bye bestie," she says before kissing my forehead and leaving my house.

Later that day....
I grab my bag and head out to my car, the warm Sunday sun casting a glow over the neighborhood. The streets are quiet, with only a few cars passing by as I make my way towards the office. As I slide into the driver's seat and start the engine, I can't help but feel a sense of freedom behind the wheel.

The familiar route to work is etched into my memory, and soon I find myself cruising down the empty streets, the wind ruffling my hair messing it up I made a mental note that I needed to get another hairstyle . I blast some music through the speakers, singing along at the top of my lungs.

Pulling into the office parking lot, I find a spot near the entrance and turn off the ignition. I take a moment to gather my thoughts before stepping out of the car and into the cool air-conditioned lobby. The receptionist gives me a warm smile as I walk past, heading towards the elevator.

As the doors slide shut behind me, I take a deep breath, ready to face whatever challenges the day may bring. Another day, another dollar, I think to myself as the elevator ascends to my floor.

Yes, it is, Mr. Clark," I say while gathering some of the paperwork so I could help him get the job done faster.

"I told you about calling me that, Sky," he says, holding onto my hand.

I quickly snatch my hand from his grasp.

"Ambrose, I'm really professional," I say while double-checking the documents I had now taken up, then leaving to go start work.

As I sift through the endless stack of paperwork, the tension between Ambrose and me crackles in the air like electricity. His presence has always had a magnetic pull on me,but today it feels different, more charged. I try to focus on the task at hand, but his proximity makes it hard to ignore the way his cologne envelopes me, or the subtle glances he throws my way when he thinks I'm not looking.

Hours pass in a blur of spreadsheets and emails, but the tension between us only seems to escalate. Every accidental brush of our hands sends shivers down my spine, and I find myself longing for something more than just a professional relationship.

As the day wears on, Ambrose suggests we order takeout for dinner to power through the rest of the work. With our stomachs filled and the workload dwindling, the atmosphere shifts once again, thick with unspoken desire .

As we finalize the last of the paperwork, Ambrose leans in close, his breath warm against my ear. "You know, Sky, I've always admired your dedication," he murmurs, his voice sending a jolt of desire coursing through me.

I swallow hard, unable to tear my gaze away from his intense stare. "Thank you, Ambrose," I manage to whisper, my heart pounding in my chest.

Before I can comprehend what's happening, Ambrose's lips are on mine In that moment, all thoughts of professionalism and boundaries melt away, leaving only the intoxicating rush of desire.

But as quickly as it began, reality comes crashing back, reminding us of the risks we're taking. With a heavy sigh, Ambrose pulls away, his expression a mixture of longing and regret.

"We can't do this, Sky," he says, his voice laced with anguish. "I'm your boss, and this... this can't happen."

I nod, my heart breaking as I realize the truth of his words. Despite the undeniable chemistry between us, we're trapped in a situation with no easy way out. But as I gather my things to leave, I can't help but wonder what might have been if we had just given in to temptation.

As I gather my belongings to leave, I realize with a sinking feeling that it's already late, and the thought of driving home in the dead of night sends shivers down my spine. Ambrose notices the hesitation in my movements and steps in decisively.

"Sky, it's too late for you to drive home alone. Why don't you stay at my place for the night? I have a mansion not far from here, and it's much safer than being on the road at this hour," he suggests, his voice gentle yet firm.

I hesitate for a moment, my mind racing with conflicting thoughts. But the idea of spending the night in Ambrose's luxurious mansion feels like the safest and most intriguing option, despite the undeniable tension between us.

"Okay, that sounds like a plan," I agree, relieved to have a solution to my predicament.

With a reassuring smile, Ambrose leads the way out of the office building and towards his  mansion. We make the short journey in silence, the tension between us palpable even in the confines of the car.

As we pull up outside his grand estate, Ambrose holds the door open for me, his touch sending a jolt of excitement through me. I follow him inside, my breath catching at the sight of the extravagant surroundings.

Once inside the mansion, Ambrose gestures for me to make myself at home while he disappears into the kitchen to prepare some refreshments. I take a moment to admire the lavish décor, feeling like I've stepped into a fairy tale.

When Ambrose returns with two steaming mugs of coffee, he settles beside me on the couch, the warmth of his presence comforting in the dimly lit room.

As we sit in companionable silence, sipping our coffee and sharing fleeting glances, I can't help but wonder what the night holds in store for us. But for now, I'm content to bask in the warmth of Ambrose's company, grateful for the unexpected turn of events that brought us together.