Chapter 14 - RUN

It was a week after the last day of school; Allan had taken us out for the summer's first ice cream. We drove into the driveway. There was another car that I didn't recognize. But I didn't think much about it.

We went inside and Allan told us to go to our room.

I closed my door to my room when Allan screamed next door.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU BITCH!"

I froze.

"GET OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" he screamed again, shortly after I heard quick footsteps down the stairs, and the front door open and close again. I really wanted to go out and check, but I was completely frozen. I heard a loud bang on my wall, and something shattered, then soft cries and begs.

"Please, please I'm sorry," mom begged. A drawer opened, and then a click.

"No no no no please please don't kill me," mom cried.

The first thing that came to my mind was Robin.

I rushed out of my room, only to freeze once again after I heard what my stepfather said.

"Oh, I won't kill you, but what about your sweet little angels."

I put myself together and went into Robin's room. I found him on the other side of his bed, hiding, with the most terrified look on his face, his whole body was shaking, and tears falling from his eyes. He looked up at me, I bent down to him, cupped his face in my hands and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"What is- what is going on?" he stuttered, tears streamed down his face.

"NO, don't hurt them, please I beg you, I will do everything, don't touch them," mom begged.

"SHUT UP!" Allan screamed and right after a loud gunshot. My heart broke, tears pressed in my eyes. I heard soft cries, and I got hit by a short relief.

A door that opened and locked. He's coming.

"Robin, when I say run, I need you to do as I say and don't even think about me," I whisper-yelled and looked my little brother in his wet eyes. Before he could come with any protests, I pushed him down to hide.

I stood up and rushed over to the door. I waited by the wall so he couldn't see when the door opened.

I heard footsteps stop in front of the door, it opened fast, and Allan walked in with a raised gun in his hand. Before he could react, I grabbed the gun around his hands, pushed and pointed the gun down to the floor.

"RUN!" I yelled, Robin ran out of the room and out of the house. I kept fighting to get the gun away, not knowing my exact goal apart from keeping my brother safe.

While the fight went on there were bullets fired in the walls, floor, and ceiling, every shot sent an unbearable pain into my ears as the loud bang filled my ears.

Allan was a lot stronger than me, and I knew that it was coming to an end. I started to lose my grip, I got an elbow in my eye pushing my back against the wall and hit my head in the corner, an unbearable pain formed in the back of my head and in my eye made it hard for me to see what happened next.

Laying on the floor, I heard something, or someone fall to the floor.

"Stupid bitch," Allan mumbled, I opened my uninjured eye, Allan was pointing the gun at mom, who's sitting on the floor, and then another unbearable pain went through my ears.

Silence. Blood from mom's head splashed like a water balloon hitting a wall, she fell hard to the ground, lying with dead open eyes with blood all over her face.

Allan turned around slowly, pointed the gun at me, and fired. I closed my eyes and waited for the bang, but it didn't come, I looked up at him, his face was red from blood and anger. He threw the gun away and walked over to me and pulled me up by my collar, he hit me right in the face, he let me fall to the ground, kicked me in my stomach several times, I screamed out in pain.

"Please... STOP!" I begged, but he didn't care, tears streamed down my face, trying not to sob because of the pain in my ribs.

He leant down to me, punched my head one time. I sensed how he raised his fist to hit again, the fist collided with my head, and everything turned black.

Wordcount: 777

What do you think?

Please come with feedback.

And please vote❤️