Chapter 10: Truths

Alison's POV

The sun streaming through the window wakes me from my shallow sleep. It barely counted as sleep anyway. All I've been doing for the past eight hours is toss and turn.

Amelia had to go home last night, something about her parents wanting her home. Luca, however, is out cold on my bedroom floor. I try not to make any noise as I creep past him to use the bathroom.

I hadn't known that texting Luca to bring me Amelia was also an invitation for him to hang out but apparently it was. It's very possible that my mates are the ones responsible but, seeing as I enjoy Luca's company, I didn't put much thought into that theory.

It was nice to spend some time with them. They understood everything I was saying about my relationship with the twins and agreed with me. I've never had any friends before but, I think I like it.

If everything works out, Cameron is still going to have be okay with me stealing his friend. Luca blends in better with Amelia and I anyway. For a man, he can really gossip.

He told us all about his encounter with the twins before he went in search of Amelia. Apparently, in Luca's words, they were 'utterly clueless.' I'm not surprised. He said he talked some sense into them but I'm doubtful.

The bathroom floor tile is like ice to the bottom of my bare feet. I jump back quickly, having forgotten that it's the middle of fall now. My house doesn't have any type of air conditioning unit or furnace. I would've remembered socks if I hadn't gotten used to living in the lavish pack house.

Swearing internally, I turn around and tip toe back into my room. I dig around in my bag for my fuzzy socks to no avail. I sigh impatiently and dump my bag out on my bed. They're just not here.

Crap, I must've taken them out at some point. The boys bought me new ones but my own were more familiar. I pick up one of my regular pairs with holes in them, wrestling them onto my feet as I walk back to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, I'm in the kitchen. My stomach growls lowly and Nessa sighs as we watch the noodles spin around in the microwave.

'I'm the one who lived like this alone for years while you slept. Stop complaining.' I tell her, snapping a little.

She bristles at my tone, 'Yeah, all I did was sleep. Not like you were sucking my energy from me or anything.' She rolls her eyes before blocking me out.

Footsteps sound from my room, prompting me to turn my head to look behind me. Luca walks into the room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he yawns.

"It's eight o'clock in the morning. Why on earth are you awake?" he asks, slumping onto one of the chairs at the table.

I confirm the time on my phone before responding, "It's not that early. The sun is up." I tell him, only judging him slightly. Truth is, if I was able to actually sleep restfully then I would still be out cold.

He looks up at me like I'm on fire, "It's a Saturday, nobody is awake at 8 A.M. on a Saturday. What are you even doing?"

My body moves to the side, giving him a clear view of the microwave. "I guess I was hungry."

His face scrunches up as he looks through the plastic door. "You're not gonna eat that." he says.

"Why not?" I ask, "It's not like you're gonna stop me."

There's a knock at the door as soon as I finish my sentence. My head turns to look at the door, desperately hoping that it's Amelia on the other side.

"That's why," Luca says pointedly, standing from his chair to answer the door.