Chapter 13: Jealousy

Chris' POV

Cameron stares at me from the doorway of the kitchen. "You're an idiot." he tells me. "You have no idea what you just did." There's an audible thud as his head hits the doorframe behind him.

"I'm the stupid one? What was what you did then? Were you even careful with her?" I shoot questions at him, spurred on by Max's growls of agreement.

He looks around the room before pushing himself away from the wall, grabbing my ear as he walks past and pulling me out into the woods. "Ow, ow, dude," I complain as I'm forced to follow him.

"Sorry, did that hurt?" he asks after he stops, pushing my head away from him harshly. "I was too busy thinking about how I spent hours trying to build Alison's confidence to worry about your feelings."

I scoff, "Is that what you're gonna call it? She seems plenty confident to me."

I shouldn't be so bothered. I was relieved when he went to talk her. He needed to explain his dumb ass decisions that made her upset but he ended up fooling around with her. Escaping to the kitchen didn't even save me from feeling their bond grow stronger and mine stay the same.

"If you could put your jealousy aside for a single moment then maybe you wouldn't be so sure of yourself right now," he says. I open my mouth to quip back something snarky but he continues instead,"When I went in there, she said that she wasn't attractive enough for us. She thought I'd be happier going back to Cassie."

My eyes widen. I shake my head, "That's ridiculous. Why would she even think that?" My tone is laced with disbelief and accusation, making Cam narrow his eyes at me.

"I don't know. But when I finally got her to stop comparing her looks to our exes, she started to beat herself up over her lack of experience. Only for me to find out that the poor girl had never even had an orgasm before. The thought of having her own pleasure had simply never occurred to her." He pins his eyes on me, making me rethink the things I said to her in the kitchen.

My palm slaps against my forehead. Max sinks to the back of my mind in shame. "Shit, there's never going to be anybody else because there never was anybody else. I berated her for trying something that I've been taking part in since age 14." The stupidity of my actions makes itself known to me via a heavy weight on my chest.

It's guilt. Stupid, heavy, jealous guilt. I hadn't realized that Cameron's actions could have been the exact way I would have handled that situation.

"14?" he questions, more shocked than he should be.

I roll my eyes, "Not now, man. What am I gonna do? I really thought that you guys just got carried away and forgot to think about me. But, what else was I supposed to think? She hates me."

"Would you stop that?" he asks rhetorically, exasperation flooding his face. "She does not hate you. Why would she say that she isn't good enough for us, all on her own might I add, if she wasn't worried about what you think? She likes you just as much as she likes me. It's just easier for her to talk to me. Me getting further than you is nothing but a result of you not being in the right place at the right time today. It wasn't about you. It was all about her and fixing the way she's apparently always thought we've seen her."

He's right. I'm being petty and childish. But, I need to know, "What did you do with her?"

"That's not really your business."

"I'm her mate too."

"For fucks sake, all I did was get her off. Can we move on now?"

Not really. Jealousy still pumps through my veins. "No, what did you see?"