Breakfast Blunders and Bedroom Banter

Devyani's pov –

As everyone's attention turned to Dev, who was now coughing and trying to regain his composure, I sat there, frozen with embarrassment. I desperately wished for a way to disappear into thin air.

Kashish's eyes widened in shock, and she dropped her spoon with a loud clatter, causing everyone to turn their attention to her.

My eyes then went towards Samar Bhai whose expressions were also similar to Kashish.

"Devendra, beta, are you okay?" Mummy Ji asked turning towards Dev, concern lacing her voice as she reached out to pat Dev's back.

Dev nodded, still coughing, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

I shot him a quick glance, silently pleading for him to come up with some sort of explanation or diversion, but he just avoided my gaze, clearly at a loss for words.

Meanwhile, Chachi continued, undeterred by Dev's discomfort.

"So, Chiku, what were you both doing in the washroom last night, huh?" she pressed, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I struggled to come up with a plausible excuse.

"Uh, well, you see, Chachi, um... we were just, uh, talking," I stuttered, mentally kicking myself for the lackluster response.

Chachi raised an eyebrow skeptically, clearly not buying my feeble attempt at deception.

"Talking, huh? At midnight?" she retorted, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "And I suppose those noises were just... what, singing? Playing charades?"

I squirmed in my seat, feeling like a deer caught in headlights as Chachi continued to grill me mercilessly.

Before Chachi could say anything else Mummy Ji quickly intervened, scolding Chachi for her inappropriate comments.

"Shalini, shhh! We should not disucss such things at the breakfast table" she reprimanded, giving Chachi a disapproving look.

Chachi, still smirking, replied, "Par Bhabhi, me to bas aapko vahi bata rahi thi jo mene suna."

"Aur vese bhi isme chupaane wali kya baat hai, kyo dev..." chachi says and looks at dev continuing her words, "agar sex sux kar bhi rahe the to kya hua, dono bacche jawaan hai, nayi nayi shaadi hui hai, jawaani ka josh to rahega hi" Chachi said innocently looking at Dev.

(But sister-in-law, I was just telling you what I heard. And anyway, what's there to hide in it, right dev..." aunt says and looked at dev continuing her words, it's alright if they were doing it, both are young, they just got married, the passion of youth will be there)

Dev glared at her, in return chachi just shrugged her shoulders.

To make the situation more worst, suddenly, Kashish piped up, her eyes wide with curiosity. "Sex? Bhabhi, were you and Dev bhai having sex in the washroom?" she blurted out, causing me to nearly choke on my own saliva.

Mummy Ji's eyes widened in shock, and Chachi looked positively gleeful at the drama unfolding.

"Kashish, beta! You can't just blurt out such things," Mummy Ji scolded, trying to maintain some semblance of decorum.

But Kashish was undeterred, her curiosity getting the better of her. "But, Mom, Chachi said she heard noises like someone was having sex. I'm just asking if it was Bhabhi and Dev Bhai," she reasoned innocently.

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks more as everyone turned to look at me expectantly, awaiting my response.

Dev, meanwhile, was desperately trying to clean up the mess he had made with the spilled juice, his face turning a shade of red that matched mine.