Chapter 3: Someone Who Cares

Toby once again walked around the forest on his own and was in the state where he just hated everyone and everything. When taking the condom out of his pocket earlier he noticed something in it and wanted to check what it was, but without Kate seeing it as she would be a bitch about it. It was a necklace. A golden necklace that had the letters 'TSL' on it and the words 'petit frère'. There was also a heart shaped locket. Toby opened it and there was a picture. A picture of him, his twin brother and their older sister. "Sébi.. L.. Lyra.." he whispered with a sad tone in his voice and a sad face. Lyra gave it to them on their 14th birthday. Right before Toby's twin brother, Sébastien, disappeared and their dad punched Toby into the hospital which led to their mom taking them to Canada. Toby lost the necklace during the moving, but Lyra found it again and a few hours later she was dead. Toby was wearing it the day of the car crash, which is why it's got some blood stains on it from both Lyra and him. A year before that incident the French police called Toby's mother to inform her that her other son, who went missing, was found dead, also due to a car crash. Toby didn't believe any of it. He still doesn't. He couldn't find Sébastien's necklace anywhere and neither did the police at the scene of the accident. He's so sure that his twin brother is still alive even though it's been over 2 years and the body was identified. Well, two bodies. They also found the body of an older girl at the scene. She was 2 years older than Sébastien, but neither of them had a driver's license and the car belonged to the girl's dad. The police also found out that she was 3 months pregnant. Neither her parents nor his parents seemed to have known, so the police had a certain theory that they wanted to start a family together, but were worried about not being accepted by their parents, which led to them taking her father's car and since neither of them knew how to drive, they caused that accident. Toby tried telling his mom that his brother is still alive, but of course she didn't believe him and it ended in a fight. But hope dies last.

Toby was just staring at the necklace with tears in his eyes. He was so distracted by it that he didn't even notice leaving the forest and accidentally bumping into someone- a guy. Toby fell to the ground and the guy's phone did as well. "Ah fuck!" He yelled as he picked up his phone and saw that it was broken. In the next moment he noticed Toby and reached his hand out to him. "Shit! Are you okay?! Are you hurt-?!" His hand was slapped and Toby got up by himself. "It was my bad.. Sorry.. I wasn't paying attention to where I'm going.. My name's Liu, by the way!" He once again reached his hand out to Toby and this time it didn't get slapped, but instead Toby scanned Liu's arm that was covered in scars that were really deep and there were so many of them that he only had small pieces of the first layer of his skin and the rest was just white. On his forearm, however, he had a big, thick pink line that was a brighter shade of pink the closer it got to Liu's wrist. 'Looks like someone had second thoughts..', Toby thought.

Liu noticed it and quickly pulled his arm away, hiding both his arms behind his back, as they looked identical. "S- So uh.. what.. what's your name?" he asked Toby. "Why-" His head jerked. "Why d- DUCK- Why do you look like Willi Wonka's- ASS- Willi Wonka's and Chucky's long lost emo son?" He asked casually and Liu was perplexed and didn't know how to react. He was about to go off about not being emo but goth, but at the same time he noticed that Toby clearly has other problems. After staring at each other for a minute, Toby scoffed and then ran back into the forest. Liu winced and looked after him with a confused expression as he suddenly heard something in his head. Run after him. "What..?" Liu whispered to himself. He's hot. Run after him. "What?? I don't even know him! For all we know he's straight." No straight guy has that kind of body. Did you see those muscles? "I've got bigger problems now! Jeff tried calling me, but my phone is broken! What am I supposed to do now?!" Take it as a blessing that the hottie broke your phone and run after him. Forget your piece of shit brother. "I can just buy myself a new phone. After all, dad did leave me a lot of money and his company." You can do that later. First go get your man. "I'm not doing anything." Liu then took a deep breath while looking at the forest before he turned around and went back home.