Change in strategy

She glanced at the apple peels in the trash bin in the room and continued to provoke jungkook. “CEO Jeon, look... Taehyung bought a really large apple earlier. I thought he had bought that apple for you, but...”

She put on an upset expression. “It turns out that I thought wrongly. He actually bought the apple for jaewon. Third brother, how could you do this?”

“Jennie, were you stalking me?” taehyung pretended to be upset.

Jennie denied his accusation. “What do you mean by stalking? Following someone is such a despicable act, I would never do such a thing. You’ve been troubling CEO Jeon in the Jeon Villa for so many days. Mom was the one who sent me here to take you home.”

“You came to the hospital to take me home?”

“I went to the Jeon Villa to look for you but you weren’t there.” Jennie looked at taehyung as though she was disappointed in him. “Where else could you possibly be? I knew you must have come to visit your beloved jaewon. I gave him a call and found out that he was being discharged today. I guessed that you would be here, and on my way, I coincidentally saw you buying the apple.”

“You sure ‘know’ me well.” taehyung sneered mockingly.

“Now there’s finally no way for you to lie your way out of this, right?” Jennie spoke forcefully. “You even gave the apple to jaeowon. Don’t you dare say that I wronged you again!”

Jungkook's complexion was grey with anger now. He clenched his fists tightly and his knuckles cracked ominously.

The temperature in the room seemed to drop by several more degrees. It felt as though the area would be covered by frost any second.

Jaewon was uninterested in the truth. His ultimate goal was to deliver a blow to jungkook.

Only taehyung, this fat and ugly man, could force jungkook to lose his rationality. He was the only one who could worsen his previous injuries.

Taehyung grimaced looking at jungkook's poor complexion. He knew that if this argument continued any longer, his old heart injury would get exacerbated.

He took the initiative to approach his side, reaching out to hold his wrist. “Don’t listen to jennie's nonsense. I don’t love jaewon. I’ve never loved him.”

His back stiffened. As he felt the warmth of his touch, his tense expression relaxed slightly.

“Taehyung, you’re just afraid of how CEO Jeon will deal with you. Quit trying to get yourself out of this.” Jennie sneered. “It’s no wonder that you’re frightened to death. After all, no one can endure the might of CEO Jeon's wrath.”

Taehyung had always had a crush on jaewon.

Jaewon knew him better than anyone. He did not trust his nonsense about never once loving him. “Miss jennie, taehyung is easily frightened. Why do you insist on exposing him?”

“Jaewon, why don’t you speak for yourself. There are apple peels in the bin. The apple that you ate, did I buy it for you?” Taehyung smiled coldly.

“This...” Jaewon originally wanted to say yes. How else was he supposed to deliver another blow to jungkook?

However, he recalled that there were surveillance cameras in the hospital. “No, I bought it myself.”

Jennie nearly screamed in anger. “Jaewon, what is wrong with you? Even if you wish to protect tae, you can’t lie like this. Tae clearly bought that apple for you!”

“Jennie, have you gone mad from the desire to frame me?” taehyung ridiculed.

“Apple is a commonly available fruit. Almost everyone has eaten one before. You insist that the apple peel came from the one that I bought. Yes, I did buy an apple today, but it was meant for my friend next door and he has already eaten it!”

Jennie also thought about the surveillance cameras in the hospital. Since jaewon said that taehyung did not buy it, there was a chance that it was the truth. Thus, she quickly changed her strategy. “Is your friend a man or a woman?”

“A man.”

“Earlier you mentioned that you helped him with his hospital admission. You then bought him an apple. Taehyung, your relationship with that man seems suspicious.”

“Jennie, are you an idiot?” taehyung chuckled. “Earlier, you said that my friend was an actor. Why are you changing your words now?”

He turned towards jungkook. “My second sister is mentally ill. In order to ruin me, she is capable of saying all sorts of crazy things. Don’t mind her. There are two patients in the room next door. They each had half of the apple I bought. Furthermore, I only got to know them today.”

“Making them share an apple, to think you would do such a thing...” Jennie wanted to continue painting a poor image of him.

However, taehyung did not allow her to continue. “I didn’t have much money on me. One apple was all I could afford.”

“You sure are poor!” Jennie mocked.

Taehyunh responded with disdain. “Indeed. I’m the Kim family’s son yet I’ve never received a single cent from my own mother. I even had to work to pay for my own school fees. The title of the Kim Family’s Third Young master is but an empty one. Even I find myself to be pitiful.”

The Kim family originally owned a middle-class enterprise. In the past few years, they were able to rise to become more influential because they ‘received’ a lot of projects from jungkook.

Without jungkook, there was no way that the Kim Group could maintain its current glory.

Furthermore, jungkook only assisted them because taehyung was his fiancée.

If he found out about the treatment he received in the Kim home, they would definitely lose his support.

Jennie only wanted to berate him for his status. She never expected taehyung to admit it. Moreover, he even mentioned that he never received any money from their mother, and had to work for his own school fees.

All these years, jungkook had only taken care of the Kim Group because he gave taehyung face.

Now that the truth was out, wouldn’t jungkook be angry?

As expected, jungkook's gaze sharpened into narrow slits. “The Kim family didn’t pay for taehyung's school fees? Not even a single cent?”

Jennie was flustered. “CEO Jeon, let me explain...”

Jungkook brought his phone out and dialed a number. “Cease all the projects with the Kim family right now.”

“Understood,” the response from the other end was spoken respectfully.

“No, CEO Jeon... you can’t do this!” Jennie rushed to speak up.

Her mother had just obtained a contract worth eighty million dollars from the JJK empire under Jungkook's name. They planned to sign the contract soon.

If they lost this contract, the Kim Group would not only suffer serious losses but also experience significant difficulties in their cash flow.

“Oh, I can’t?” jungkook narrowed his eyes.

“No... no.” Jennie's forehead was covered in cold sweat. “There’s nothing you can’t do. I mean... please don’t end your cooperation with the Kim Group. We really need your support...”

Her elder brother was but an adopted bastard, while her third brother was taehyung...

Jennie was the only person eligible to inherit the Kim Group’s wealth.

Any loss suffered by the Kim group was equivalent to her own personal loss.

Furthermore, if her mother learned that she had caused this trouble, she would definitely be angry at her.

“Crazy woman. Toss her out!” Jungkook did not wish to listen to her any longer. From his expression, it was clear he had lost all his trust in jennie.

“Understood.” hoseok immediately held jennie's elbows and dragged her away.

“Let go of me!” Jennie expression’s was poor. “I’ll walk on my own!”