CHAPTER THREE

ASHTON

"He's just like you as a baby." Mum smiled and took a seat beside me.

"He's going to be a stunner when he's older then." I laughed; the boys got his father's looks.

Isabelle looked up and gave me a smile, I swear that woman has me under some spell, the way I feel about her right now, I couldn't explain it. "He's just perfect."

She looked back down at Noah and laid him over her chest, his lips squished up as he blinked and then closed his eyes. He slept a lot more than I thought he would, but then again it was only early stages.

"It's ok to put him down, you don't have to hold him to sleep, otherwise that's all he will be used to." Mum pointed out. I think it was her way of saying let someone else hold him.

I bit my lip, and I didn't miss the look on Belle's face as she clearly held back on what she wanted to say back to her. I'll talk to mum about that.

"Are you feeling ok Isabelle?" Dad asked her, he had been quite worried about her.

Nodding, she answered. "I feel better than I thought I would. Just sore and tired really."

Mum was offering advice on breastfeeding, and ways to soothe Noah if he became unsettled and then he was passed around for more cuddles before my parents headed off. I would go and visit them tomorrow and talk about Jenna, among other things.

It wasn't something that I wanted to do, but I needed to do it. It had to be sorted otherwise it would destroy us. I couldn't go back to that place again; I wouldn't let it.

I sat back down on the bed while Belle was taking a shower before bed. Noah was still passed out and I was completely exhausted. I'd showered earlier and came to bed. It was a struggle to keep my eyes open.

She walked out and lifted her cotton button up shirt and gave a pout. "I miss the belly. I liked being big and now, well now I'm just flabby skin and boobs and I hate the fact that I'm bleeding again, I missed not getting my periods."

I laughed, forcing myself off the bed and over to her. "I love the boobs and I'll give you another belly again, twice more then you won't be getting a period again." I winked and she rolled her eyes.

"Not for a while, I need to get over this birth first." She looked nervous; it wasn't the experience we'd hoped for.

I cupped her cheek and tilted her head back. "I love you."

"I love you, I'm so glad you walked in and had me cut your hair that day." She mumbled into my chest and then looked up at me again.

I smiled down at her and kissed her nose. "Me too."

She was pulling away and frowned a little, her brows dipped, and she looked away. "If I want to hold Noah, I'm allowed to hold him." and her it came.

"I know, no one said you can't hold him." I reassured. "You don't have to ask permission; he is our son."

"Well maybe your mum needs to be a little bit mindful. I could have lost him; he could have lost me." She said more upset. "If I want to hold Noah when he sleeps, then I will hold him. I love doing that. Jesus Ashton, I've waited for forever to have a baby, I've wanted him since the moment I met you. He's not even a week old and I don't need your mum making comments about holding him and the feeding remarks. I'm trying my best." Her eyes filled with tears as she sat down on the bed, pulling her hair to the side to put a plait in it. "I'm not an expert."

"I think she was just trying to offer some advice; I don't think she meant it in a malicious way."

She shrugged and tied the bottom of her hair. "I don't think she did either, I'm just saying no one tell you to put him down."