Chapter Sixteen

I'm going to hide in the corner and think about what I did

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stiles rushes out of the building,trying not to bump into people, and he keeping his head down so no one can see his tears of distraught face. He doesn't want to think how Derek is mocking him with his friends behind the stage, how could he do something so cruel as to pretend to love Stiles. They've only known each other for a few months, and it's not a real marriage.Derek cannot feel that way about him, and he hums to himself as he hails a taxi.

Stiles wipes his eyes as he looks outside as he gets driven back to Derek's loft, and he moves to walk up to his room while he wipes at his eyes.He cannot believe that this happened to him, all of this, and he moves to rush towards Derek's loft. Stiles unlocks the door before rushing inside where he runs to his room,and he flops down on the bed as he looks around. What is he going to do now, Stiles thinks. He rubs his eyes as he moves to pace around the room, he wishes his father or Scott were here so he could talk to one of them about this.

He's not good at this, at feelings and emotions and he's pretty sure that Derek isn't either. Stiles wipes his eyes before he moves to think about what he needs to do, he has to do what's best for him. It suddenly occurs to Stiles that they never should have done this, they should have asked for a different judge, they never should have lied to anyone about this. It went too far, they went too far with the lie, and know Stiles had to deal with it.

"I can't do this." Stiles tells himself, and he moves to start to pack his bag to leave. This went on for too long, and Stiles let it. Stiles rubs his face as he moves to throw his clothes into his luggage, only the ones that are really his not any of the ones that Derek bought him, and he sniffs somewhat sadly as he moves to get his things together. He knows that he needs to talk to Derek about this, find out what he really meant when he said he loved him, and he checks his phone for the time. He'll wait just a little while longer, but he's pretty sure that Derek is going to go to the after parties so he's doesn't plan on waiting long.

****

Derek almost thinks he's high with how on fire he feels, and he hugs Erica tightly backstage while the rest of the band looks at him like he's done something wrong. "What?"He says, snatching the award from Isaac to look at it with a happy hum. It's better than he thought, and he moves to inspect it.

"Did you hear yourself while you where talking?" Jackson asks him, his tone a bit snappy while he moves to take them towards the corner so the reporters cannot hear him while he talks to his best friend. "Seriously?" Jackson asks,taking the award away from him with a huff so Derek will pay attention to him. Derek gives him an unamused look, he wants to show Stiles his award that his band won, and he shakes his head.

"Did I say fuck?" Derek asks,and Jackson looks at him like he cannot believe his ears. He pushes at Derek roughly before he scoffs in annoyance.

"No, you dumbass. You said you loved Stiles. Do you? What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you do that in front of millions of people?!" Jackson hisses at him,and he sighs in annoyance while Derek looks at him. He doesn't remember saying he loved Stiles, he remembers seeing Stiles on the giant screen and he wanted him to feel proud for Derek and the ban.

"So?" Derek says, moving to walk away before anything else to Jackson. He doesn't have to explain himself to Jackson, he'll probably have to say something to Stiles,and he moves to go back to his seat with the rest of his friends.When he gets to the aisle, it's a commercial break, and Derek doesn't see Stiles when he sits back down. "Where's Stiles?" Derek asks, and Aston shrugs his shoulders while Luke leans over him.