Chapter Nineteen

"This is what you do all day? Grade papers?" Derek asks, walking into Stiles' bedroom where the younger man is writing with his red pen on a student's paper. Stiles knows that the poor man has been bored out of his mind while staying with him, but he's being cleared to join the rest of his band in London in less than a week. "That is so boring! Oh, wow. This person made a twenty-five!" Derek says,reading over the papers.

"No,they got twenty-five point out of twenty-eight." Stiles tells him,and Derek makes an oh noise as he reads over the paper as Stiles tries to finish grading the finals. His students are sending him email after email asking for their grades, and he's really tired of reading them since it takes him about four hours to grade one essay."Derek, honey. Stop touching my things." Stiles says, and Derek pouts before laying across Stiles' lap. Stiles huffs in mock annoyance before he looks down at him, and he moves to kiss his cheek. "Go watch television or something, Derek." Stiles says,and Derek groans in annoyance.

"No!I want to be with you!" Derek says, dramatically. Stiles looks down at him before he smiles out of habit. Derek looks so much better,he's gained the weight he lost and then some. Stiles really likes how Derek looks now that he's a little thicker, he likes to run his hands over Derek's stomach while they make love, and Derek been sober for the most part. "Come on, babe. I'm sure I can provide much more entertainment than student's papers." Derek says, running his hand under Stiles' shirt.

Stiles slaps his hand away with a glare that has no heat behind it, and Derek pouts. "Grades are due by tomorrow at ten in the morning, and then I have to pack for us since all you do is throw you stuff in a suitcase." Stiles tells him, and Derek doesn't bother denying it."So why don't you fold some clothes or call your mother or wash the dishes?" Stiles says, smiling at him. Derek rolls his eyes before he leans forward to kiss his lips, and Stiles grins down at him while he moves to continue grading a paper.

"Or I could lay here and watch you read over papers?" Derek says,smiling at him and Stiles grins at him while he nods his head. Derek nuzzles into his stomach as closes his eyes, and Stiles kisses his hair before he moves to run his hand through his hair. "How's the kid doing?" Derek asks when Stiles makes a noise of irritation.

"He didn't do the first two essays and he showed up late for the final,so not that well." Stiles says, and Derek knows exactly which student he's talking about. Stiles has been complaining about him all the time these past few months, and Derek has been patient with him about the subject. Stiles is grateful about it since he likes to complain about it, and Stiles hisses as he just stops writing on the paper. "So far he's missed eighty seven points and I'm just on the second page. I said MLA not APA , you little shit." Stiles mumbles,and Derek laughs softly as he cuddles closer to him with a sigh of happiness.

"He is a little shit." Derek agrees, he doesn't know the kid but he'll take Stiles' word for it. "Do you have your passport? And all that research shit you're bring with you?" Derek asks, and Stiles chuckles as he nods his head. Derek is proud that Stiles is going to try to get his doctorate again, and Derek has made a point to be more supportive this time around than he was last time.

"Yeah,Derek. I've got it." Stiles says, finishing up with a paper before putting away the last grade in his online grade book before emailing the student back. "Okay, one more down. Only ten more to go. I hate this." Stiles mumbles, and Derek just laughs to himself as he closes his eyes to get some rest. Stiles chuckles fondly as he moves to kiss his head, and he moves to get another essay to grade before he starts dinner or something else to distract himself for a few minutes. The next student did well, it always empowers Stiles when he gets a good paper, and he moves to put the grade into his computer while Derek dozes beside him. He's been sleeping a lot, he's really sort of lazy Stiles thinks fondly, and he wraps his arm around Stiles while he sleeps as if to make sure that he's there.