28- Bet

Song~ Streets - Doja Cat (idk if this song really goes with this ch but I like it)

Threats.

A seven letter word that holds so much meaning.

But it's different when the word is used on yourself- your family.

The past couple weeks we have received
non-stop threats regarding Diovanna's life. The Russians are powerful, but so are the Italians.

However, word has been going around the underworld that the assassin Dove, is killing Russian men.

Maybe if I could get in touch with Dove, they could help us take them down and vice versa.

But how would I contact them? They are like a ghost. The only people who know what Dove looks like are the people who Dove has killed.

We don't even know if dove is a man or a woman.

Maybe if I-.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I say to the person. My grandpa walks in and grabs a bottle of whiskey and a glass.

"You need to sleep." He tells me pointedly. I shrug my shoulders. My grandpa sighs, "you're worried about the threats from the Russians." He states.

I nod rubbing my temples at the forming headache.

My grandpa chuckles softly. "I get your worried- hell so am I. But have you even seen your sister? I would worry more about protecting Matteo than her." He says, amusement lacing his tone.

He's right, Diovanna definitely knows how to protect herself. The way she carries herself, she has the aura of danger. And I'm proud.

I nod. "You're right." I tell him honestly. "Doesn't mean I won't worry." I add and he slightly laughs.

"None of us will never be not worried for her safety, but you spending day and night in this office with no sleep isn't going to help." He scolds. I nod with a small smile.

"Alright, I'll get some sleep." I murmur.

My grandpa smiles standing up. "Good." He states before heading out the office door.

Checking the clock, it reads 2:26 AM. I didn't even realize it was that late. I stand up and head to my room.

Only one thought in my head.

Nothing to worry about. Hopefully.

 Hopefully