Chapter 4

"Ms. Kaiser!" Oh God. Why is he so LOUD. "Yes, sir?" I smile, obviously it's fake. "This is the third time you've given a sloppy submission. I will not tolerate it anymore. I'm giving you detention. You are going to give me a better submission. I know you can do it but I don't know why you aren't bothered to do it.  You are wasting your knowledge and skills." He says pinching the bridge of his nose. 

Honestly, I don't give two shits about Chemistry. Not because I don't get it, just don't want to do it. I have no motivation to do it either. I only manage to ace it during my finals because I have the motivation to do something. But not right now. Ugh. 

Why is today starting out like this? I wanted to have a boring and peaceful day. 

"I'll submit a better one sir." I reply taking away my sheet of paper from the table. I have to submit a better one or I'm not going to get graded for this. I should've just woken up early today morning to do this but I had to choose sleep. 

"I need it tomorrow morning first thing. Come to the staffroom and give it to me before your first class." He says walking towards the door motioning me out the classroom. I follow, "Yes, sir. First thing in the morning it is." I say, walking out the door. Jesus. Give me a break. 

"Ms. Kaiser!" God what now. I turn around and see Ms. Hughes walk towards me. No because what the hell did I do to deserve today? 

"Why are you here, in the middle of the hallway during my class?" She asks. "Why are you here, in the middle of your class?" I retort. She gives me an eye roll. "Go to class." She says, forcing me to move towards her class. "Jesus, I was going there anyway." I say and walk towards her class, with her following behind me, as if she was waiting for me to just dash away.  Good thing for her my clumsy ass would've fallen trying to dash away. Oh, to be a skilled floor lover.

I take my seat and put my head on the table. I don't want to be here. "Ms. Kaiser, heads up." I drag my head up, crossing my arms and slouch on my seat, as she takes her place in front of the classroom.

I zoned out the entire time she was teaching. I was too focused on the tattoo that was peeping out her sleeve. She always wore full sleeves. Either a sweater, a shirt, a jacket,  a turtle  neck, a blazer or just a full sleeve body hugging t-shirt. Quite the variety of full sleeves. She also always wears pants and it's those straight cut pants. I'd be weirded out if she wore jeans. Her fashion is so her. Classy, hot and closed off. 

Her eyes also glow when she teaches. She looks less laid back than when she was ordering coffee or when she saw me in her area. She also has no expression on her face when she's not teaching. When she is teaching, she gives small smiles, anyone could miss it if they weren't staring at her like me. I don't know if she knows that.

I start staring at the board instead of her, because imagine she makes eye contact with me. I would just die. Outright faint. And then I notice that there's things written on the board. When was that written there? Was it already there? Or did I imagine it there? wait, Am I imagining it there?

"Ms. Kaiser why are you just staring at the board?" I jump at the sudden voice next to me. She's standing right in front of me. I look up at her and think for 2 seconds. Why was I staring at the board? "I Don't know?" I say sheepishly. She just sighs and moves on. 

That's it? No scolding me? Or being rude to me?

I hear the bell ring. Did I zone out for that long?

"I want all these questions done and submitted the day after. Please drop in your assignments here and leave. That will be all, thank you." Everyone stands up as soon as she dismisses them. What assignment. I wasn't aware we had an assignment to submit today. Did she give it yesterday? Shit. I forgot to ask her what she taught yesterday. Is that why she lingered after she got her coffee yesterday? Crap.