Lottery

The next morning, taehyung was woken up by rapid knocks on the bedroom door.

He opened his eyes drowsily and yawned. In an unhappy voice, he said, “Who is this?”

“It’s me.” Hoseok's agitated voice could be heard from outside.

“What is it?” taehyung picked up his phone from his pillow side. He checked the time. “You’re waking me up at six in the morning. Are you crazy?”

“It’s not early anymore. Usually, we have morning training at 5.30 a.m. Quickly get up. I promise you’ll be so excited that your sleep will vanish!” Hoseok's voice was slightly loud.

Taehyung had no choice but to get dressed and open the bedroom door.

Hoseok spoke with anticipation in his voice. “Taehyung, the winning numbers from last night’s lottery are out. Guess what? The tickets you bought have won the grand prize. I wanted to wake you up late last night to tell you this. I’ve been holding it in until now. It really wasn’t easy.”

“Oh.” He yawned lazily. “I won the grand prize. But why are you so agitated?”

“Umm, I remember you bought a stack of tickets, right?”

“Yeah. I bought seventeen of them with identical numbers. I spent six dollars eighty cents in total.”

“All seventeen lottery tickets were bought with the same number?”

“En.” He nodded his head

“Ahh, I’m going crazy!” Hoseok appeared as though he could not breathe. “One ticket is worth eight hundred thousand dollars. You actually spent six dollars eighty cents and won more than thirteen million dollars!!!”

He wanted to tell him that he also rescued the Choi Group’s Director, Choi byungho, and sold him some information to earn a lot of money.

If hoseok about that, would he collapse on the ground in shock?

“Oh.” Taehyung twirled his hair between his fingers. “So, I won the grand prize.”

“I got it.” He had bought the tickets based on his previous memories. He naturally knew he would win the grand prize.

Hoseok stared at him in disbelief. “You won more than thirteen million, ah. Why don’t you look excited?” From his reaction, one would think that it was an insignificant amount.

“Aiyayayaya! I’m especially happy!” Taehyung pretended to dance in joy for a moment. “Is this enough?”

Hoseok “...”

“Do you still need anything else?” he asked.

Hoseok fiddled with his hands in embarrassment. “That... previously, didn’t you say that you spent forty cents on one ticket, and that you’d sell one to me?”

He stared at him warily. “What are you trying to say?”

“Haha, naturally, refusing would be impolite. I’ll buy it from you with forty cents, ah.” He brought out a few coins and placed it in his palm sincerely.

With a shy smile, he offered them to him. “Here.”

“Fuck off...” Taehyung rolled his eyes. “I remember you telling me that even if you have the money, you’ll never buy the ticket from me. You claimed that the tickets were poisoned...”

“Err, I was blind and looked down on you. I never expected you to be so lucky!” Hoseok immediately clasped his hands together.

“I declare that your tickets don’t have any poison. In fact, they carry their own fragrance, akin to tickets blessed by heaven. They smell wonderful...”