2. Introducing Ada

Scene 1

2 weeks later...

In the corridor of Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital, the sound of wheels against the floor echoed as House, his face a mask of determination and annoyance, pushed his suitcase toward the exit. The nurse at the reception desk caught sight of him, her expression morphing into one of concern.

Nurse: Dr. House, what are you doing?

She asked, standing up.

Hosue: I'm leaving.

House replied curtly, not breaking his stride.

Nurse: Let me inform Dr. Nolan.

She said, reaching for the phone.

House stopped and turned, irritation evident in his voice.

Hosue: No, no, no. I'm here by my own will; I can leave whenever I want.

Despite his protests, the nurse dialed Dr. Nolan's office. House, realizing arguing would get him nowhere, stormed off towards Dr. Nolan's office, suitcase in tow.

Scene 2

Without bothering to knock, House barged into Nolan's office, interrupting his conversation with a female doctor, who looked up, surprised by the intrusion.

Dr.Nolan: Dr.House.

Dr. Darryl Nolan greeted, he gestured to the female doctor, signaling their conversation would have to wait, and she quietly excused herself, leaving the two men alone.

House: I'm leaving.

Dr.Nolan: Sit down, House.

Dr. Nolan said, motioning to the chair in front of his desk. His voice carried an air of calm authority, a stark contrast to House's agitated demeanor.

House reluctantly took a seat, his eyes locked with Nolan's.

House: You can't keep me here

House: You can't keep me here. I've done my time, played your little games. I'm out.

Nolan leaned back in his chair, folding his hands.

Dr.Nolan: Leaving now could be the biggest mistake of your life. You're not ready.

House: I'm not one of your pet projects. I don't need your 'ready.

Dr.Nolan: House, you're brilliant, but your addiction and your attitude towards it have cost you a lot. You can't practice medicine anymore, not without my consent. And frankly, you're not getting it unless you agree to continue therapy. This is not just about your medical license; it's about your life.

 This is not just about your medical license; it's about your life