K001

7 years later...

7:45 AM | Sunday
HER BEDROOM

Adorned in her white nightdress, she emerged from the bathroom after a refreshing shower. With her hair dry, she took up the comb and began brushing down the front part, letting all her hair cascade gracefully to one side of her head.

The brush glided through her black silky hair effortlessly, her gaze fixated on the reflection of her big, dark brown eyes. Call her self-centered, but she genuinely found herself beautiful. I mean, shouldn't everyone? After all, God created one of the most beautiful people ever.

A soft smile graced her perfectly pink lips, "Perfect," she whispered, pleased with her appearance.

"Good morning, vintage princess!"

A cheerful and familiar voice greeted her as she entered the room. Chaeyeon, her older and only cousin, and also a sisterly figure. Her golden-light brown silky hair glowed as the sunlight hit them.

The smile on Chaeryeong's face faded, replaced by a slightly sarcastic one, "Good morning, didi."

"Getting ready for the day, I see," Chaeyeon observed, scanning the room, "Cleaned everything as well? Wow. When do you even wake up and get the energy to do this?" she asked, admiring the daisies adorned with golden flakes in a gold vase next to Chaeryeong's bed.

"When you have a goal, and you're serious about it, you will always get the motivation to achieve it," Chaeryeong replied, her voice stern yet elegant.

"Mm," Chaeyeon responded, expecting that kind of answer, "Anyways," she continued, looking at Chaeryeong, "Dadi said to inform you that we'll be leaving for her friend's house in a few hours. Let me know when you're ready, and I'll come get you before we leave," she added before leaving.

"No,"

Chaeyeon halted in her tracks, looking back at Chaeryeong with a confused expression, "What?"

"You heard me,"

Chaeyeon became even more confused. "What...?" she questioned again.

A serious expression settled on Chaeryeong's face, and she scoffed, "What? Do you really not know why we are going there?" Her tone grew a bit harsh.

Chaeyeon shrugged, "We're just going there to visit her friend, that's all," her voice soft and filled with confusion.

Chaeryeong scoffed, "Just a visit?" She turned around, "Do you guys think I am dumb? I have been with you guys since birth! You guys aren't taking me there 'just' for a visit. You want me to get wed to her son!"

Chaeyeon froze momentarily but regained her composure, "Fine," she sighed, "You're right," she looked down and then at Chaeryeong, "But then what do you want us to do, Chae?! It's been 7 years, and you're an unwed woman! How long do you want to stay like this?!"

Chaeryeong turned around sharply, facing her. "I will get wed when I want to! You guys can stop this pathetic forced marriage idea of yours! It worked wonders 7 years ago, anyways," the last sentence she spoke sarcastically.

Chaeyeon walked forward, her frown deepening. "You're still stuck in the past, huh? I thought you moved on?" She crossed her arms.