K003

8:09 AM | Tuesday
LOCAL SUPERMARKET

Chaeryeong was walking down the peaceful spice powder aisle, her arms crossed and eyes examining the products available.

"Found it!" She happily said as she grabbed the powder from the shelf.

"Did you find the biryani masala?" Chaeyeon said as she approached Chaeryeong, holding bags of other items they had already bought on her arms. Her sight took a quick round of the shelves then at Chaeryeong's hand, getting her answer already.

"Oh, that's great! Can you quickly go to the refrigerator aisle and fetch a carton of  milk? Also grab me some ice cream too! I'll go get some fruits and vegetables," Chaeyeon commanded before leaving and hearing Chaeryeong's response.

Chaeryeong remained expressionless as she briskly walked up to the refrigerator aisle. The section where this was located was much more peaceful and lonely. She walked by, finding a milk carton with the name "Amul". 

Chaeryeong reached for the carton when she felt a presence standing, her sight automatically went there, and her eyes widened in shock.

It was Taehyun.

A jolt of shock shot through her, causing her to step back abruptly. The milk carton slipped from her grasp, clattering against the refrigerator, tumbling to the ground and rolling away, bringing other cartons with them.

A short gasp escaped Chaeryeong as she instinctively covered her mouth with her hand. Her brows furrowed deeply, and she looked utterly terrified, her eyes welling with tears. Tremors ran through her body.

Everyone's attention went on her. 

Taehyun looked at her with confusion and a hint of concern, glancing around at the attention they were drawing. 

Slowly, he bent down to take the fallen carton and offered it to her, his voice tinged with uncertainty, he fixed his white bucket hat, "Um... excuse me, ma'am? Are you okay...?"

Chaeryeong's breathing was uneven, her eyes darting around as she tried to process the situation.She looked down, hiding her face, and managed to speak, "Y-yes," between shaky breaths, avoiding eye contact.

Taehyun offered her the milk carton, "I suppose you were reaching for this," 

"Huh?" She looked up and made eye contact, her sight went to the milk carton, "Uh.. yes," she accepted the carton and looked down immediately.

Taehyun looked at her with a weirded out facial expression. Rolling his eyes slightly before turning back to the refrigerator.

Chaeryeong too faced the refrigerator, waiting for the attention to fade away. She calmed herself down. Her gaze flickered to Taehyun, who had moved on and was now waiting in line at the cashier.

"HEY! CHAE!" Chaeyeon came running to her, making Chaeryeong face her,"Girl, be quick! I got a call from dadi, and she said the guests would be arriving soon! Did you get the supplies?!" She didn't wait to listen to Chaeryeong, grabbed her by the wrist, and dragged her away from there.