17- Questions

It was the first time in years he had sleept through the whole night without having to wake up from nightmares

It was the first time in years he had sleept through the whole night without having to wake up from nightmares. His dreams were one again filled with her, but this time, they were kind, gentle, as if maybe showing him what he could have.

He smelled her before he could see her. Maybe it was the deep breaths he was taking in on purpose, inhaling her scent more. The smell left his mind calm, made him almost feel at peace.

Opening his eyes, he blinked multiple times to get rid of the blurriness. Looking down, he could see a head of blonde hair laying on his chest.

"Sleeping beauty Finally awakes." He rolled his eyes at the teasing in her voice, brilliant first thing in the morning, and she's already picking on him.

Rosalie leaned up so she was looking at him, a teasing grin in her face, her eyes held amusement. "I mean, really, I thought I would have to get Edward to kiss you, too wake you up."

Damon looked down at her, smirking slightly. "I wouldn't oppose kissing your brother."

Rosalie's grin dropped as she slapped the back of his head. She wasn't jealous no because it was very clear to her family that Damon was hers.

Maybe she would never understand the bond that Edward seemed to have with her Mate, but she knew Edward had never had anyone before. He never had friends. Well, Rosalie would say he never had, but the way he acted with Damon.

It showed a growing bond between them.

"Come on." Rosalie got up, leaning on one of her arms, looking down at him. Her hair flowed down her shoulder, making her look like a real-life angel in his eyes. "Esme made you breakfast."

He got up, following after her. "So just me. You and your siblings don't eat?" Rosalie's steps paused slightly, and he heard her curse under her breath.

She turned around, looking up at him. "You like games?" She questioned. He nodded his head. "I answer one of your questions, and you answer one of mine."

He tensed slightly, and Rosalie was hoping he'd back out of it. "Okay."

They stood still in the hallway, staring at one another like always their eyes soft and gentle. Together, they were soft like melted ice sculpture. They were each other's place, a safe place in the dark. Damon had once read the word 'Virtue', staring at her now that one word came to his mind. She was his Virtue. All she would have to do was be near him. Because without her, he was so lost.

"Right, well food then?" He smiled down at her before walking past her towards the stairs.

Rosalie nodded her head, walking behind him before they reached the stairs, and he stepped to the side, allowing her to go down first.

Damon could smell the delicious food before he even entered the kitchen area. This house was huge. The long hallway they had to walk down to even reach the stairs, although he didn't question the graduation caps.