𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸

For the next week, Alana did everything in her power to avoid the new girl. Clarisse La Rue was a nightmare. Anyone who had a run in with her, besides her siblings, had some issue with her.

There was no one who Clarisse had an issue with more than Alana Gatti. Girl almost took her head off then expected her to be calm about it?! And EVERYONE talked about Alana. Constantly. Certainly, there was nothing that special about some 13 year old who's been at a hidden camp for 8 years.

                      ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

"Alana, that girl is not just going to pop out of nowhere and attack you," Annabeth rolled her eyes with all of her sassy 10-year-old might. She thought her best friend was being ridiculous.

"You don't understand Annie. She threw me on the ground! Me!" Alana knew she sounded self righteous, but she didn't care. She was never mean to anyone, how could someone not like her? "I apologized!"

Annabeth sighed. "Well clearly she doesn't care about that. Just act normal, I'm sure she's not going to seek you out."

"I guess you're right.." Alana trailed off, unsure.

                       ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Annabeth was wrong. The second the duo got to the training grounds Alana got glared at. "Annabeth, she's looking at me."

"Just ignore her." The younger girl spoke. Alana guessed she was right, and got ready to begin sparring. She had promised Annabeth anyways.

"Alana Gatti."

Alana let out a small screech at the sound of a voice way too close to her. Annabeth whipped around to see what her best friend screamed at. Her eyes rolled when she saw Clarisse, whom she already didn't like.

"Clarisse." The huntress of Artemis spoke, shockingly stern for some who just screamed at her own name.

Clarisse crossed her arms and smirked at the other girl. She was only a few inches taller than Alana, but Alana had never felt so small in her life. "Funny to see you again. I thought you disappeared after almost killing me."

Alana swallowed hard as her stomach felt like someone was stretching it. Her cheeks turned red. From embarrassment, obviously. "I didn't almost kill you. Stop acting like a baby."

Clarisse's eyes filled with rage. "Acting like a baby?! At least I don't jump any time someone says my name."

"At least I can do something besides scream and fight with people!"

"At least I don't think I'm special for being at a hidden camp my whole life!"

"At least I-"

"Enough!" The two girls could now feel each other's breath and were both red in the face. They turned to the voice that yelled at them and saw Annabeth. "Just leave each other alone and stop arguing over nothing!"

The two glared at each other before Alana was pulled away by Annabeth. "I hate her," she said once they got away.

Annabeth simply nodded. "I know. I've never seen you so mad."

"I have a feeling you'll see me madder in the next few weeks."

                        ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

A/N: Very short chapter bc I didn't want a lot of time skips. The first part before Percy shows up will probably move pretty quickly.