𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Whistling was a sound that Alana got used to hearing. It was a sound she was hearing right now, in fact. The huntress sat in the cool air of the woods with her feet in the small pond. Her favorite spot. Her favorite spot that quickly became Clarisse's favorite spot.

Clarisse admired how peaceful Alana looked. Her hair blew in the wind and she leaned back on her hands with her eyes closed. The light from the sunrise through the trees only added to the gorgeous scene in front of her. She almost didn't want to disturb her. Almost. "Hey Starshine," Clarisse greeted, sitting next to her.

"Hi Clarey," Alana smiled, turning to her. The two sat in a peaceful silence for a little, just listening to the birds chirp. "Why do you whistle around me?" Alana asked, tilting her head to the side slightly.

The Ares girl bit the inside of her lip. She honestly thought Alana hadn't noticed. I mean she had been whistling before confronting the huntress for two years now, Clarisse just assumed she would never notice. "Um well you startle really easily so... I just figured it was an easy way for you to know I was behind you."

Alana felt her cheeks heat up. "Oh. Everyone else just stomps when they get close," she looked at anything but Clarisse.

Clarisse scoffed. "Yeah and they still end up startling you half the time." She saw it. Alana didn't always notice the stomping.

The huntress finally brought herself to look at Clarisse. "That's so sweet," she smiled.

Clarisse cleared her throat, looking at the pond instead. "Anyway.. I was looking for you to ask if you wanted to set a time for our practice this week."

Alana thought for a moment. "Friday?" She asked.

Clarisse nodded. "That works."

The girls started training together at least once a week after the fight with Xander. It was Alana's idea, she wanted to learn more styles of fighting and defense.

"That reminds me," Alana mentioned. "I need to call my mom."

"You want to do it right now?" Clarisse asked. "We can make a rainbow with the pond water."

Alana shook her head. "I don't have a golden drachma."

Clarisse pulled something out of her pocket and threw it at Alana, who just barely caught it. "I do."

The huntress looked at her softly. "You sure?"

"Yeah," the Ares girl waved it off. "I have more at my cabin."

"Thank you." The girls started making a rainbow appear. "I'll bring you another one later."

"No you won't," Clarisse stated. "It's fine Lana."

They sat there as Alana thought of all the things she needed to for the call to work. Soon enough her mom appeared in the water. "Hi mom!"

"Alana!" Artemis smiled. The two called about once a week, sometime every two weeks, but the calls were always a highlight for the goddess. "What's going on dearest?"

"Not much," Alana answered. "There's a new kid that came yesterday."

Clarisse rolled her eyes at the mention of Percy, causing Alana to flick her shoulder.

"Oh, hi Clarisse," Artemis greeted as she noticed the other girl. The goddess of the wilderness knew more about Camp Half-Blood than anyone else. She knew all of her daughter's friends and what happened there. Clarisse was one of the few she heard about a lot.

"Hi Artemis," Clarisse waved.

"Oh, mom," Alana called, causing the goddess to redirect her attention. "I finally beat that training simulation I was telling you about."