𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢, a 14 step plan

IT WAS LATE FEBRUARY when Oscar Piastri decided he'd had enough. He'd had enough of trying to hide his blushes and sitting in silence as his heartbeat picked up pace. He'd had enough of pretending he wasn't in love with Stella Button.

They'd been hanging out as a group when Oscar came to his decision, it was him, Stella, Addie, and Logan, just like it always was. They were sitting in Stella and Addie's apartment, lounging on couches. It was the last time they would all be hanging out before the next chapter of Oscar and Logan's life began. Formula One.

Stella had fallen asleep, stretched across the couch, her head buried in cushions, her blonde hair making a curtain over her face. She had shown up to their hangout late, completely exhausted from rehearsals at The Royal Ballet, still wearing her leotard. She'd disappeared for about 20 minutes to shower, and had come back down in her pajamas, wearing a tired smile. She'd managed to stay awake for about three hours, participating in a game of Cluedo and what they like to call Fake Scrabble (which was just Scrabble, but they weren't allowed to use any real words, just strings of letters that almost sounded like words. They then had to come up with a meaning for their made up word), before she had been out like a light, snoring softly into the couch cushions.

Oscar's eyes were, unsurprisingly, trained on the sleeping girl. It was the one time he could stare at her without her noticing.

"Oscar," Addie spoke, breaking Oscar's gaze. Addie was sitting on an armchair with Stella's dog, a mini dachshund named Odie, curled up in her lap. "Would you stop staring and bring Stella up to her room? She'll wake up all sore if she sleeps down here."

Oscar nodded, running a hand through his hair and standing. He had carried Stella up to her room many times before, she had a habit of falling asleep anywhere but her bed. He slid an arm under her knees, and the other around her back, lifting her off of the couch. Her head lolled slightly before resting on his chest. She was still deep asleep. Oscar flushed at the contact between them.

Logan let out a snicker at Oscar's red cheeks. Addie reached out and smacked him on the shoulder.

"Don't make fun of him." She hissed, careful not to disturb the sleeping girl in Oscar's arms.

"It's hard not to when he looks like a tomato." Logan whispered back, getting up from the floor and flopping onto the couch. Stella had forced him to get off the sofa so she could stretch out, and there had been nowhere else for him to sit.

Oscar just shot a glare over his shoulder, leaving the living room and heading down the hallway, lightly pushing open Stella's bedroom door with his foot. Her room was cozy, with a massive bed, covered in floral bed sheets and thick blankets, that Oscar knew was the most comfortable thing in the world. Her walls were decorated with photos of her family and friends, he even made an appearance in a few places, magazine clippings, and random colored pencil drawings that her little siblings had given her.

Oscar padded across the hardwood floor and onto the soft carpet that surrounded Stella's bed. He slowly lowered the girl onto the mattress, making sure to pull back the blankets and settle them over her, just under her chin. Oscar paused for a moment, drinking in the sight of the girl when no one could stop him. She was beautiful. Her blonde hair was messy around her head, and her pink lips were pulled into a small smile. He could perfectly picture the blue of her eyes, even when they were closed.

With a light sigh, Oscar turned away, tiptoeing through the bedroom and to the door. He shut it softly behind him.

Oscar paused in the hallway, leaning the back of his head against the wood of the closed door. He shut his eyes tight, letting out another sigh, this time more frustrated. He was so sick of it, being so full of love for Stella and having absolutely no where to put it. He was done with it.