ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝕎𝕆

New York, Liberty Island

We had decided for our first location, we would go to New York. Honestly it was actually difficult picking a location, so Caroline just searched up on where to go for a vacation, and in the top 10, there stood New York, so here we are. It's been a week since we arrived here, and Caroline is currently living the life right now. Even though the plan was to travel wherever we wanted to, it did take a bit of convincing for Caroline to actually agree since she was adamant that I shouldn't spend so much on her, but of course I didn't listen."Kareena! Look, look, it's so big!" Caroline exclaimed, leaning over the railings of the ferry boat. We were heading towards the Statue of Liberty, on Liberty Island itself. It wasn't that hard to get the tickets, I may have compelled many people to get them, but in the end, I got the tickets. "Step away from the railings Princess, lest you fall over" I told her over my shoulder, looking at the pamphlet she handed me.

"Kareena! Stop looking at the dumb pamphlet and look at the scenery with me. We're supposed to be on vacation, that doesn't include reading." She complained, snatching the pamphlet from me. I looked up at her with furrowed brows before sarcastically looking at the body of water around us. "It's so nice Caroline, it's not like I haven't seen water before" I explained, earning a huff. "You're not having fun, are you?" She asked softly, lowering her arms and looking over at the large statue. "When you've lived for how long I have, things get a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying your company love, I assure you."

My statement caused some confusing within her, from what I could see. I have yet to tell her who I actually was. All she knew was that I was a Tribrid, but she didn't know who my siblings were nor what family I was from. It's not that I was withholding this from her, it's just that it wasn't brought up. She hasn't asked, therefore I saw no reason to tell her. With a sigh I got up and grabbed her waist, making her flustered before she pouted. "I'm having fun with you, seeing you happy about this trip, is all I need. I promise." I told her, gazing into her eyes, making sure she understood. Her blush spread as she processed my words, before giving me a shy smile. "You mean it?" She asked me hesitantly, not sure if she believed me or not.

"I mean it darling." I assured her, before releasing her, looking pointedly over her shoulder. "Look darling" I told her, turning her around for her to see. The ferry finally pulled up to the island, the Statue much bigger up close. Caroline stood shocked before looking at me, then back to the Island. It was only a couple of seconds before she exclaimed happily before dragging me off the ferry and onto the island with excitement. I chuckled before allowing myself to be dragged, actually content on letting her lead us around, and that was how our day was spent.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun" Caroline sighed happily as she relaxed on the bed in the penthouse we were currently in. After the island, we took the last ferry back and roamed around town square for a bit, eating and occasionally stopping at stores to shop. We didn't buy much, as I told her we could shop more any other day, so we just heading back to one of the many penthouses I owned here. After we had a long and nice shower, not together mind you, Caroline was just about ready to crash. I entered the room, dressed in a comfortable nightgown, with two glasses of blood, which I had sent here prior. Handing her one of the glasses, I took a seat on the edge of the bed and stared out of the windows as I drank slowly.

"After this, where will we go?" She asked after a moment of silence. I pondered on her question before making eye contact with her. "We have almost all of summer, so we can go where ever you want, I wouldn't mind" I told her, earning a huff. "Oh come on now, you're on this trip too, you have to pick as well." I laughed at her words before nodding, deciding to think on it.