Chapter 60

"That's right." hyunwoo levelled a resentful look at taehyung. "It was a simple joke we cracked amongst ourselves. How could you twist our words in front of CEO Jeon?"

"Hmph, a joke." taehyung smiled coldly. "In that case, why don't you talk about the way you stuck your tongues out when you complained that jungkook was stingy in front of me?"

Hyunwoo wanted to refute him . However, he noticed jungkook's thunderous expression and did not dare to speak up again.

Jennie rushed to clear her own slate. "CEO Jeon, I did not use a single cent of the money my mother took from you. Although I have my daily expenses, my mother was the one who bought those things for me. I only used the allowance she gave me."

Hyunwoo also immediately added. "CEO Jeon, those funds were given to the kim family by the JJK empire. My surname is kang. As the Kim Group's general manager, my pay is only slightly higher than everyone else's. This matter is unrelated to me. The money, they were all taken by eu... they were all taken by my sister-in-law, eunji alone."

Hyungsik acknowledged this. "Indeed, Ms. kim was the one who signed the papers each time the money was collected."

eunji watched as her daughter and hyunwoo both pushed the responsibility completely on her. She could not help but feel her heart turning cold.

Although the money had been collected by her, the two of them did not spend any less than she did.

"Mom, quickly say something!" jennie was flustered.

Eunji deliberated over it. Since things had turned out like this, there was no point in dragging jennie and hyunwoo down with her. It would be better if she took responsibility for this alone. "It's true. This matter is unrelated to hyunwoo and jennie. I'm the only person who collected the money from the JJK empire."

Jungkook did not waste time speaking nonsense. "Then, you will be responsible for paying back the debt, as well."

eunji began to lament with tears dripping down her cheeks. "It's more than a billion dollars, CEO Jeon. How could I possibly have that much money? The Kim Group's business hasn't been very good over the past few years. We haven't earned much. The financial support you gave us was used up over the years."

But the truth was that aside from jungkook's money, over the years, plenty of people gave her face for being jungkook's mother-in-law. She had successfully conducted a lot of business and actually did earn some profit.

"My father is in a vegetative state. Over the years, my mother's expenses haven't been small. She's been supporting this family all by herself. She really doesn't have any excess money left..." jennie appeared troubled as she spoke up.

"CEO Jeon, please take it as though you are doing a good deed..."

jungkook glanced at her in impatience. Hoseok understood and immediately brought out a piece of white cloth. He balled it up and shoved it into jennie's mouth.

"Uu..." jennie was stunned.

Eunji saw her daughter's mouth getting blocked. She felt aggrieved but had no way of venting it. She began crying even harder. "CEO Jeon, I really don't have any money. If I did, would I not give it?"

Asking her to toss away a billion dollars, weren't they asking for her old life?

Jungkook lit a cigarette and smoke swirled around him. "Have you checked eunji's personal accounts?"

"Yes, sir," hyungsik responded.

As the top finance group in the world, the JJK empire had more than enough accountants.