♠︎ 1 ♠︎

"Elena are you sure about this? You still have a say

"Elena are you sure about this? You still have a say. I will talk to Father" Amelia said for the hundredth time. I looked at her through the mirror shaking my head in a no. She sighed walking across the room, stomping her feet. When I looked at my face in the mirror, it didn't look like a happy bride.

I wasn't happy. I was going to marry a man whom I had seen with my father a lot of times but still I knew nothing about him. Xavier Perez, my father's man in charge. He is eleven years older than me and that's all I  knew about him.

"I don't even understand why you said yes in the first place. You know nothing about him." Amelia started again. My little sister is like that only the rebellious one.

She was right but I couldn't tell her the reason, why I agreed to marry him. Being born into a mafia family, I always knew that my father would set up an arranged marriage for me and I had no problem with that. The thing I never imagined was that it would happen like this. I closed my eyes, engulfing some air. Events from two weeks ago flashed in front of me.

Two weeks ago

My feet were moving towards my father's study but my mind was telling me that something wasn't right. Everytime this ended with a bad note. Shrugging the feeling away from my mind, I knocked on the door.

"Come in" My father's rough voice came.

I entered inside and greeted him. He was sitting behind the large wooden desk, his eyes fixed on the papers scattered in front of him. I stood there waiting for his response. After a few seconds, he turned his head up gesturing me to sit.

"I want to inform you something important" I knew it. My father rarely initiated a conversation with me and whenever he called me in his study it was always something important for his business.

He didn't wait for my response as he continued " You have completed your education now. " His first statement gave me enough account of what he was going to say and I had prepared myself for this.

"I have decided the man for you, it's time for you to get married" He declared his decision. Even though I knew this would happen, I wasn't ready for it. I gathered enough courage and asked "With whom? "

"Xavier Perez" He gave me a curt reply. I couldn't believe what I heard. I turned my head and I was sure he could see my shocked face. I had seen that man a lot of times and all I could say was scary.

Xavier was one of the most trusted
men of my father. He handled all his illegal operations. Some months ago, his wife was murdered in his own house, which was suspicious. I knew my father would marry me to someone in the mafia but Xavier.

"But, father he is eleven years older than me and-" My father didn't let me complete.

"I wasn't asking you"