The Voice That Took Everything Away

_________________________________"T-there's no way our Scarlet would ever do such a thing

"T-there's no way our Scarlet would ever do such a thing..." Sienna anxiously mumbled.

"That's right! Scarlet is our big sister! She must be delirious or something from the shock of it all! There has to be a reasonable explanation, right!?" Ivory said, turning hopefully, towards the accused one.

However, Scarlet merely sat in a daze. Paralysed. Shackled by shame and gripped by fear. The guilt had gagged her and she was unable to speak, her hands were glued to her mouth whilst her eyes stared widely.

"(Sigh!) Will this be yet another barrier between me and the fashion industry..?" Kunzite complained.

'SLAP!' A bright red mark streaked his face like a meteoric impact site, from power of Ivory's slap. "How DARE you!? I've always known you were self centred... but THIS!? This is too far Kunzite!" the icy eyed maiden lambasted.

"Hmph, then perhaps you don't really know me at all..." Kunzite uttered with a spiteful smile as he rubbed his cheek; though, his eyes looked like two globes covered in an ocean of tears. Deep down, he was a caring, young boy, with his own unique and misunderstood coping mechanisms.

"What are you staring at, Sable?" Indigo curiously asked.

His piercing glare would cut through air itself. He remained transfixed on something no one else could see... "Scarlet." he called out.

"Y-yes?" she answered.

Then he went silent again, clearly witnessing something that the others couldn't perceive. "I knew it! I've been suspicious of it for quite some time. Those strange orange-red waves that reverberated from her voice. They were feint, but I could always see them. I'm sure she's unlocked it! The strange phenomenon I've read about. QUDRA! The very phenomenon that grants man sovereign over fire, lightning and even more incredible things. The very phenomenon that bestows might on the worthy... I must have it! And... I must dye Indigo's heart to my favour, for I sense within her something, tremendous..." the wolf eyed wile schemed.

At that moment, he suddenly wrapped his arms around Indigo from behind. "My dearest baby sister. SCARLET KILLED YOUR PARENTS, OUR, PARENTS! Her voice is cursed and she used it to destroy the ones who loved us more than life itself!" Sable erupted.

Scarlet's eyes cracked with grief. Her brother's words, were a bullet to the heart.

"Cursed voice...?" the rest of them murmured.

"Yes! A cursed voice. Something called a Qudra. A mysterious ability present in mankind since the dawn of time. But hers is one of pure evil. THAT'S why she slew our gracious... loving parents in cold blood!" Sable declared.

A silent whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, raged through the room.

"Don't believe me? Ask her yourself, she'll tell you..." Sable stirred. His words, like spilt ink on a white sheet of paper.

Immediately, all heads turned towards Scarlet, expectant of an answer.

"(Sniffle!) It's true.... it's true that I've awaked a strange power. I thought I was the only one who could see it. I didn't know you were aware of it for all this time, Sable... (Sigh!) Strange reddish sound waves would manifest from my voice involuntarily. I thought it strange, but it never caused harm so I-I just got used to it. But tonight... (whimper) this wretched night! Why!? Why did it have to be me!? Why like this!?... Mum and dad came to kiss me goodnight whilst I was fast asleep. I woke up startled and screamed. Instantly, those strange sound waves became explosive... and tore our parents apart. It was an accident... AN ACCIDENT! You have to believe me!" Scarlet desperately pleaded. She began to walk towards her siblings like an abandoned puppy looking for a home.

But they veered away from her. "Y-you believe me right?" she implored, holding her hand out towards Kunzite. But her plea was met with his scornful scowl.

"W-what about you, Zircon?" she begged.

"Hmph!" he scoffed, as he folded his arms and backed away from her.

"Indigo..?" she reached out in vain.

"I- I HATE YOU! MURDERER!" Indigo roared with tear streaked eyes.

The final blow had been dealt. Scarlet began to feel dizzy and nauseous, as hyperventilation throttled her chest. She scanned each one of her sibling's faces one last time. The shared look of hatred between them, contempt and disgust, it was too much.

"The sinful symphony of my accursed voice, has taken everything away from me..." Scarlet whispered to herself, before collapsing from her panic attack...