Percy leaves them to hold the city

Lilia drifted off watching the distant explosions light up the New York skyline.

She looked around, she was stood on the edge of a forest, just out of sight of hundreds of enemies wandering around their camp base, it looked like some kind of diner, it didn't look like it had been used in years. The old sign read AUNTIE EM'S GARDEN GNOME EMPORIUM.

"Lili." A voice whispered from behind her, she shivered, trying to make out the shadowy person in the dark empty room.

"Ethan?" She asked quietly, as he stepped closer.

"Look, I don't have much time, I need to talk to you—"

"You stabbed me!" She hissed at the older boy.

"I wasn't aiming for you!" he hissed back, looking around nervously. "I'm sorry okay? But I need to tell you something."

"Fine." Lilia said crossing her arms.

"Kronos is on to you." Ethan whispered. "He knows you protected Jackson's weak spot."

Lilia stilled, "so he knows—"

"He doesn't know where I aimed." Ethan interrupted. Maybe Kronos didn't know, but Ethan did.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Lilia asked cautiously.

"You'd be in danger if he knew," Ethan muttered. "I couldn't be the one to put you in danger."

"You already have." Lilia said sadly. "You rose Kronos."

Ethan didn't say anything for a moment. "There's an army heading south into Central Park."

"Why are you doing this? Why help me?" Lilia said, her voice raising in anger and confusion.

"Keep your voice down!" Ethan hissed. "I can't keep this up for much longer."

"Keep what up?" He gestured around them, and she suddenly realised this wasn't a normal iris message, this was the works of a God. "Your mother?" Lilia asked.

He nodded. "I made a deal with her, i like things to be fair, remember?"

"I wouldn't say this really balances everything out Ethan." She glared. "Half your friends are dead!"

Ethan looked down in shame. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it." She sighed. "You've said what you needed, now let me go."

"Goodbye Lil." Ethan said, and the image faded away, she sat upright. She cupped her hands over her face and sighed.

She had to tell Percy.

With difficulty, she pulled on her armour, and tied her shoes, which is apparently very difficult without the use of your shoulder.

She found Percy passed out in a bed, she leant down to tap his shoulder, but just as she was about to he shot up, slamming his head into hers.

"Ow!" They said simultaneously.

"Sorry Perce, I was just about to wake you."

Percy rubbed his head, his eyes blurred like he was thinking really hard and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong Perce?" Lili asked, looking at the distressed look across his face.

Nothing." Why was he lying? "What are you... why are you in armour? You should be resting." Percy asked taking in her appearance.

"Oh, I'm fine, that nectar and ambrosia really fixed me up!" She grinned, barely moving her right arm.

"Uh-huh." Percy sassed. "You can't seriously go out and fight. You still look seconds away from death." Percy stated, the girl hadn't gained her usual colour back yet.