Chapter 68

At most, he would learn how to coax him.

Taehyung noticed his stern expression and suddenly laughed, revealing his pearly teeth. “I want to laugh. Can I do that?”

“That’s allowed.” His response was strangely hilarious, but his innate, cold disposition dampened the humour. He did not find him funny, and instead he seemed aloof.

Still, he understood he was trying to cheer him up. Hence, he was delighted.

The two of them got off the bed and tidied themselves up. He quickly regained his cool, noble and powerful charisma.

At this moment, jungkook's phone rang. Taehyung noticed that the other party’s tone sounded flustered, but could not catch what he was saying.

Jungkook quickly bid him farewell and left hurriedly.

Taehyung sat down by his father’s bedside and adjusted the blankets for him.

“Dad, you have to get better.” As he watched hyuntae, his gaze was apologetic. “In the past, I never took good care of you. But from now onwards, I won’t allow you to suffer even the slightest bit of harm.”

Hyuntae, who had been unconscious for a long time, did not respond to him.

He sighed. “Dad, did you know? In the past, I had a father and a mother who loved me. But now I think that mom has changed. She has become... completely different from the way she used to be. I’m not sure why this is so. But I’ll definitely investigate this clearly. I hope you’ll wake up soon. But even if you can’t, you have to live on well. As long as you’re alive, I’ll still have a family member who truly loves me. Perhaps... you’re the only family I have left.”

Although tears welled up in his eyes, he forcefully held them back.

“jungkook arranged for two bodyguards to stand guard outside your ward. He has also hired the best doctors and nurses to take care of you. There’ll be care workers massaging you everyday. You won’t develop bed sores again.”

He sniffled before continuing in an emotional voice. “In fact, I should be the one staying by your side to care for you. But yoongi hyung is in jail. He has been locked up for three years. Jennie fed me with weight-gain drugs. I can’t be powerless any longer. I have to become strong in order to protect you and to rescue my brother... there are too many things I need to do. I’m helpless and can only rely on the staff here to take care of you. But don’t worry. I’ll come and visit you whenever I’m free.”

It was quiet in the hospital ward. Hyuntae laid peacefully and did not react in any way.

He stood up with bittersweet feelings and prepared to leave.

At this moment, a knock resounded against the door. A chef in his forties entered with a meal cart. He gestured towards the various, well-made, delicious-looking food on it. “Mr. Kim, this is the breakfast CEO Jeon told me to prepare for you.”

Taehyung recognised him. He was the Jeon Villa’s head chef.

He never expected jungkook to remember his breakfast even in his busy state.

Jungkook was distant and cold, but when it came to him, he was always extremely considerate...

Yet again, his heart had been warmed by his gesture.

Eight luxurious breakfast dishes had been prepared for him. Although he could have finished all of them, he only took a single bite from each dish and put his chopsticks down.

He had begun losing weight by cutting down on his food intake.

He needed to obtain a 54 kilograms figure as soon as possible!