21-30

Reading on the bus

Search novels

search

Current location: Homepage Science Fiction "Rebirth in the End of the World, Lie Down and Become a Housewife" Content

Chapter 21 Complete the upgrade task (1/1)

" Rebirth in the End of the World, Lie Down and Become a Housewife " by Yue Yi Tide

"Rebirth in the End of the World, Lie Down and Become a Housewife" Please indicate the source for reprinting: Bus Reading (www.84kanshu.com)

After saying that, both of them raised their heads.

Jing Mian patted her head in annoyance, and Cen Ya must have thought she was a nymphomaniac.

"Since he's fine, I'll go back to sleep!"

Looking at the fleeing figure, Cen Ya touched his cheek, never thinking that one day this face would be of some use.

Early the next morning, Jing Mian came to the cafeteria for breakfast and met the newly joined Granny Bai and his wife, and sat across from them.

Both of their bowls of noodles had reached the bottom, and they actually got up earlier than her.

"Mother-in-law, are you still used to living here? Why don't you sleep more?"

"We are all working hard and can't afford to be early. Now that we don't have to fetch water, I feel a little uncomfortable."

That said, Granny Bai's eyes were filled with happiness.

Jing Mian then remembered that Zhang Peirong and the others should have moved to the shanty towns long ago. She wondered who in the Jiang family was doing the hard work of grabbing water early in the morning.

Granny Bai took Jing Mian's hand and said, "Girl, you are such a good person. How can you explain to me that the price of food is so low?"

He rubbed Jing Mian's hand twice and said distressedly: "Look, your hands are thinner than my old woman's. Why don't you eat well! Is the leader making things difficult for you?"

Jing Mian had never experienced such kind of caring treatment. He felt a sore nose and said, "I've gained a lot of weight, mother-in-law, no one will embarrass me now."

"Oh, look, your girl's eyes are all red. My mother-in-law can't stand this. When you get older, your eye sockets become shallower!" Granny Bai said with a hint of understanding in her eyes: "Girl, you must have suffered a lot of grievances, right?"

More than just aggrieved?

Jing Mian sighed, it was okay not to mention it, she would not deliberately recall the suffering and sadness of the past.

The backstabbing in the elevator in the previous life, the absolute abandonment of the mother...

Finally, she calmed down and didn't want to show her weak side in front of others.

He smiled brightly and said: "I'll make you laugh. No leader is making things difficult for me. I am the boss here. I just remembered the embarrassing things at home. Fortunately, I have severed ties with them."

Grandpa Bai looked at her and said this with a smile, and comforted her: "It is a good thing to cut off the past, so that a new life can sprout."

Jing Mian was a little surprised: "Don't you condemn me for severing ties with my family?"

She thought that the old couple would be able to give some advice as they got older.

Unexpectedly, Granny Bai said after all the vicissitudes of life: "My mother-in-law has lived for decades. She has seen times of peace, and also experienced times of great turmoil and disorder. She has seen people cannibalizing people, and she has also lost her own children." She paused and said: " If youve seen too many bad things, you wont look at things one-sidedly.