𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

Grace walked into Beth's room. She saw her lying in bed and frowned. "Hey. You getting ready?" She asked as she looked to her.

Beth nodded and sighed. She looked to her sister. "Yeah. Might as well. I don't know. I feel like everything is too much right now. And I don't know what else I can do."

Grace knew Beth. And she knew how she had been withdrawn and quiet lately. She was worried about her. Knowing that she needed to get her to open up.

"You know you can talk to me. About how you're feeling," Grace said as she sat on the bed.

Beth nodded and smiled. "I know. But don't worry. I'm fine. I just need to get over all that's happened. And I'll be okay. I promise," she told her.

Grace wasn't convinced. But she needed to take Beth's word for it. She smiled. "Come on. Seattle Grace is calling," she told her. She looked to her. "Can't believe you coloured your hair. You don't suit it," she said.

"Thanks. I think."

****

Mark walked over to Callie. "Hey, Torres. Do you know anything about putting together cribs?" He asked.

Callie frowned. "You bought a crib?"

Mark shrugged and smiled. "Well, Sloan's coming home tonight, and I got it put together, but it wobbles. And it can't wobble. Now will you take a look at it?" He asked as he looked to her.

Callie laughed. "You're like a sweet, nerdy dad now. I don't even recognize you," she said.

"Well," Mark said. It was then that he saw a brunette at the nurses station. "Who's the red?"

Callie shrugged. "I don't know."

Mark nodded. "I may be a dad, but I am a single dad. Excuse me," he said as he walked over to her.

"Okay. Now... now I recognize you."

Mark approached the blonde girl. "It must, uh, suck to work on Valentine's day. I don't believe we've met," he said.

Beth frowned as she turned to look at Mark. "Aah! What'd you do to your hair?!" He asked.

Beth rolled her eyes. "I changed it. I ... I colored it. I just ... Wait. You thought I was someone else. You didn't know it was me and you were hitting on me?"

Mark shook his head. "No, no. I pretty much thought you were, you know, just some red head," he said.

Beth rolled her eyes. "Some red head? Wow. Low. Even for you."

"You're not brunette. My Beth is brunette," Mark said as he tucked a strand of hair behind her hair. "My brunette Beth is beautiful."

Beth looked to him. "I'm not your Beth though am I? Not anymore," she mumbled as she walked off.

"You'll always be my Beth," Mark said as he watched her walking away.

****

Beth looked to see Sloan as she was stood there. "Sloan? When did you get in? Does Mark know you're here?" She asked.

Sloan turned to Beth. She smiled. "Um, no. My flight got in a little bit early, and I just took a cab over. I didn't to bug him or anything. Somebody said that you guys have a free clinic? Do you know where that is?"

"Is everything okay?" Beth asked. Confused as to why Sloan hadn't told her own father she was back.

Sloan nodded. "Oh, yeah. I just want someone to check me out ... after the surgery and everything. Maybe give me an ultrasound or something?"