𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘩

tw:
mentions of attempted suicide
****

Beth was broken. And she didn't how much more she could deal with. She missed Mark so much. And she felt broken without him.

She knew how both Derek and Grace were both worried about her. But she had been adamant she was fine. It was so obvious she wasn't.

Beth walked into the kitchen. Grace looked to her. She smiled. "Hey. You good?" She asked.

Beth nodded. She sighed. "Yeah. I'm okay. Just tired. I'll be okay though."

Grace looked to her. She smiled. "Okay. If you're sure. You know you can talk to me. You're my twin. And I love you. Even if you have red hair."

Beth smiled. She saw Derek walking in. "Hi big brother."

"Bethany. Grace. You two causing havoc again?" Derek asked. Knowing his sisters had a habit of causing trouble together.

Beth shook her head. "No. I'm just getting a coffee then I'm going to work," she said as she poured herself a coffee.

Both Derek and Grace watched as Beth walked off. Both knowing that she wasn't okay. Derek turned to her. "See you can't tell her. Look at how sad she is."

Grace scoffed. "Yes. But if she finds out that we knew, she will be even more hurt. Sloan is ignoring her. And he's being offish with her. So I hate that I have to keep this secret," she told him as she walked off.

****

Callie walked into Mark's apartment. She saw him working out. "Today... feels like the day to me. I think by the close of business today, I've got cartilage in the bottle," she said.

Callie turned to see Mark who looked miserable. She frowned as she looked to him. "What's with you?"

"You and Derek. You're all "don't screw the nurses and the drug reps". You did a psych rotation. You know what happens when you tell someone to not think about an elephant? You spend a lot of time thinking about an... I walk around the hospital. Trying not to make eye contact with the women. I'm... lonely and unhappy. I don't see how this is a solution," Mark said.

Callie rolled her eyes. "Find a grown up who wants what you want. And date. Like a grown up. Beth is too young for you. She won't want what you do."

"I don't know what that means. And why would I date someone else? Beth is the one I love. And she loves me. I've pushed her away. And now she won't want me back," Mark told her.

Callie looked to him. "She doesn't know about Addison does she?"

"No."

****

Beth was standing with Alex. They were talking about random stuff. She smiled as Jackson walked over. "Hey. Is everything okay?" Beth asked with a smile.

"This um patient. I can't find the heartbeat."

Alex rolled his eyes. "So call the morgue. 40-watt," he said as he looked to him.

Jackson looked to Beth. Knowing she was the most responsible one. "He's not dead. He's sitting up. He's talking," he told them.

"Dude. You're lucky you have a famous last name," Alex said as he went to walk off into the room.

Beth followed him. "Are you forgetting my brother is Derek Shepherd? Famous last name too," she told him.

Alex walked over to the patient. Beth smiled as she looked to the patient Todd. "Take a deep breath, sir," she said. She was loving being back at work.