001||Words

Destiny

Death

Dream

Destruction

Desire

Despair

Delirium

And yet there was one more Endless.

One who is not often regarded. One who is often as not. One who was woven behind the scenes and into the words that fall from the lips that people tell each other. In the things people see. The things they hear. The things they feel.

Deception.

Most would say it is not everywhere. Just stay truthful, they say. Stay pure. Stay on the right path. Stay true to one's self, and you will not be deceived.

But Deception is also beauty. There is no right or wrong. All thoughts are opinions. All things you see are not what they truly are, and what you think you know you are unable to comprehend to its fullest.

Deception shapes you. Deception and the way we perceive the world shapes you.

There is manipulation in learning and education. In decorum and manners.

What defines mannerisms? What defines respect? Why are they important when we can be ourselves? Why must we act certain ways to please others? Why do we care for their opinions? Why should we conform to the moral standards of others?

Did you see what you did there?

The way you second guessed your ideals for just a split second?

That is the beauty of deception.