002||Liar Liar

He is in mirrors.
In words.
In ideas.
In thoughts.
In feelings.
_____________

Lies.

It is another name for him. His most famous moniker, really.

Deceit wandered the the ropes woven by the stars of the Fates that connected the realms, toes dancing across the silken lines of the very universe as easily as an acrobat in the circus as he trotted past one realm to the next.

He himself did not have a realm, for he was not a major Endless unlike the rest of his siblings who directly influence humanity and their ideals and behavior.

Deceit would not exist without languages or knowledge, unlike dreams, desires, despair, or really any of his other siblings that needn't require such things to exist in the feeble minds of humanity.

So he danced across the lines of Fate that connected the realms to one another, deft fingers plucking and strumming a lyre in his arms as he danced.

He did not need a realm to exist. He did not need a realm to rule. He existed in between the seems with Truth and Knowledge.

And unlike the major Endlesses, he did not have to follow their lousy protocols.

But alas, none of his siblings ever cared for him anyways.

So he strums and plucks the lyre within his arms, long brown hair flowing down his back and waving about wherever he moves, his feet dancing carefully across the Strings of Fate but never careful enough. Some of them snap beneath his weight and have to be remade because of this.

Because deceit can change the course of people's lives.