Chapter 82

The moment he stepped through the door, he found jungkook seated on the living room sofa with a heavy and cold expression. The two bodyguards standing behind him were armed with guns.

Irene, Jennie and hyunwoo stood a respectable distance away from him. Their heads were bowed in fear.

The temperature in the living room had dropped by several degrees due to jungkook's angry expression. The frigid cold left their hearts trembling in anxiety.

Eunji nervously lifted her head and glanced around the place.

Taehyung had noticed something amiss with the atmosphere from the moment he stepped into the front yard. After entering the living room, he felt that the atmosphere was even stranger.

Eunji directly grabbed taehyung's wrist and dragged him over. She then began shouting. “taehyung, you brat! Where did you get the courage to do something like this!”

“Do what?” taehyung lifted his brows.

“irene has told us everything!” eunji said this angrily. “Do you admit it?”

Anyone would assume she was referring to the conflict that he had with irene earlier.

In truth, eunji also spoke in this manner intentionally to mislead him.

It would be best if taehyung directly admitted to his wrongdoings. This way, they wouldn’t have to take as many twists and turns.

Taehyung was not as foolishly filial as he had been in his past life. “I don’t understand. I just came home. What are you asking me to admit to?”

“You know your own wrongdoings better than anyone!” eunji shouted sternly. “jungkook is angry. Hurry up and apologise to him. He might still forgive you if you apologise now!”

Taehyung kept silent. If this had been in his past life, he most likely would have followed his mother’s instructions.

However, right now...

As he took in eunji's expression, he was certain that... she was scheming against him!

Eunji's goosebumps raised from his stare. She could not help but urge him. “Hurry up!”

Taehyung shook his mother’s hand away and indifferently entered the living room. “What? What are you up to? You haven’t explained the situation to me till now. What do you want me to apologise for? I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong.”

“As if you haven’t!” It was jennie's turn to speak. “We’re talking about the matter irene brought up. We’re all classmates. There’s no way she would slander you.”

Even Jennie attempted to deceive taehyung into admitting his wrongdoing.

Taehyung's gaze oscillated between Jennie and irene.

Irene had already changed out of her dirty clothes. Her hair was also styled differently now. This meant that...

Jennie had found the spare time to weave bullshit in front of irene!

He recalled that jennie had secretly followed him a while back. She must have misunderstood something at that time.

She had stayed silent about it for so many days. It was clear she did not intend to bring the matter up herself, and make use of someone else’s hand.

Taehyung had just had a conflict with irene at the gym. This meant that... Irene was an extremely suitable person to take care of this matter.

Taehyung comfortably approached jungkook's side and sat down next to him. “Stop speaking in circles. I don’t have the mood to guess what you’re going at. Come on. Who did what? Let’s clarify things.”