3

Her room hadn't really changed since she was sixteen and had decided to paint it purple. She loved the color purple and her room made her happy. She'd probably leave it like it was for a while, until she eventually decided to move out.

"Here's your bag."

She looked up as Caleb walked in, his blue eyes studying her intently. "How was it at Denali Pack?"

"I met Alpha Axel. I didn't know you were his liaison," she said with a smile.

"Yeah, but I've only met him once, and he wasn't the Alpha at the time," Caleb said with a smirk.

"That's what he said," Gabby told him. "He asked me to be his chosen."

Caleb's eyebrows shot up and he crossed his arms over his chest. "He did what?"

"Yeah," she sighed. "Even when I said no, he asked me to think about it."

"Huh," Caleb grunted. "I'd rather you waited for your fated."

She sighed at that and looked away from him. "Yeah.."

"Gabby, what's going on with you?"

And there it was. The question she'd been dreading for five long years. Tears sprang to her eyes, and her father closed the distance between them and pulled her into his arms.

"You've changed. You're not happy, and I want to know what I can do about it. I hate seeing you this way," he said. "And some how, I don't think you being away at college has anything to do with it."

"I can't talk about it. Not now," she whispered.

"Okay, but eventually I want you to tell me what's going on with you. You know you can always come to me over anything," he said softly.

Not this. She couldn't come to him with this. "Okay."

"Your brother is wanting to meet with you. Tomorrow if you're okay with it.," Caleb said softly.

"That's fine. He wants to talk to me about working." She knew that.

"You know?"

"We've texted." She had a feeling Daniel knew something was up too. The men in her pack were much too perceptive.

"Well, you don't need to worry about that until tomorrow. Are you hungry? It's almost dinner time," Caleb said.

She sucked in a small breath. Going to dinner was a bad idea. Not today. She was hungry, but she wasn't about to go down to the dining room, knowing he was here. "No. I'm good."

Caleb pulled back and looked at her, a grim expression on his handsome face. "You want me to bring you up something to eat?"

She let loose a small breath. "Please?"

"I will, but at some point, we're going to talk, Gabby," Caleb told her.

She sighed. "I know. I need to, I'm just too emotional today."

He nodded. "I'll bring you up some food. Take a shower and relax. I'll link you when I'm on my way up."

"Thanks Dad." She smiled at him.

"I love you, Gabby. Don't forget that," he said, tipping her chin up.

She nodded and brushed away a tear as he left the room. She sighed and turned her attention back to her bag and began to unpack.

Everything needed to be washed, which made it easy for her. She hadn't done laundry in a week, and had just worn what she had so she could focus on her finals. She'd do that tomorrow though.