11

Gabby stared out the window of the plane as it took off. She'd decided to fly the rest of the way to Alaska as she really hadn't realized how long the drive was. It would take her close to a week to get there.

She'd made up her mind that she was going to take Alpha Axel's proposal. She needed out. It would break the bond that was breaking her. Hopefully she could get through the sex with him. He was a good kisser at least, though she knew confirming the bond with Dominic would make it much more difficult for her to mate with Axel. Maybe he could just mark her without sex. It would suck that way, and would just be painful, but it might be easier. She should have accepted his offer before she knew for sure she was mated to Dominic.

She wondered if her family was freaking out yet. Probably, especially since she'd kept her phone off, though she wouldn't be surprised if they figured out where she was at. She had told her father about Alpha Axel's proposal.

She sighed. She half hoped they were there. She needed her family. She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed.

The plane finally landed and Gabby headed through the airport, looking for a place to rent a car. At some point she would have to come back and get her own car, once she figured this all out.

The drive to Denali Pack still took quite a while, and she'd had way too much time to think on her hands. She was making the right decision, she kept telling herself she was.

She finally pulled up to the entrance of the pack territory and was stopped by a guard.

"Ma'am, Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Alpha Axel," she said.

"Do you have an appointment?" he asked.

"No, but he'll see me," she said.

"Name?"

"Gabrielle Remington."

His eyes widened. "As in from the Royal family?"

"Yes."

"Go through. Princess." He bowed his head.

"Thank you." She knew Axel would be aware of her presence before she even arrived.

He was standing on the porch, and she eyed him for a moment before climbing out of the car. She could do this. She could have sex with him. He was quite handsome. If she wasn't mated to someone else, it would be easy. "Alpha."

"Princess." He bowed his head to her. "You father and brother are here, along with your mate."

She felt a bit deflated at that as she stared at him. Dominic was here. She'd been hoping to do this without him knowing. She sighed. If he wouldn't accept her rejection, she'd do it anyway, even though it would kill her.

"I know why you're here," Axel said softly.

"The whole story?"

"Not sure about that, but enough," he said. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."

"It won't be the same," he said.

"I know. Did they tell you I have dreamed for years of him just walking away from me and telling me he doesn't want me?" she asked.

"No." His heart ached for her.

"I can't trust him, and it's probably my own fault." She burst into tears.

"Then go talk to him, Gabby. I hate to see you like this. But I will not take you as a Chosen as long as you know who your fated is. You'd never make it through the mating."