Chapter 90

Despite him wanting to study further, he had no choice but to go along with his mother’s wishes.

“My fiancé’s heart ached for my situation and he decided to sponsor my admission into a famous university abroad with a hundred million dollars. Through his actions, I was able to get accepted into that university. After that, I came to Seoul national University as an exchange student and was eventually transferred here to become a proper student of Seoul national University. This is my so-called ‘secret’ that Teacher song spoke of.”

Taehyung paused for a moment before continuing. “The matter of my fiancé spending a hundred million dollars to exchange an opportunity for me to be enrolled in a foreign university is a common occurrence. The only difference is that my fiancé happens to be wealthier and was able to afford a larger sum. But this is unrelated to Seoul national University. Seoul national University remains the best university in the country, and I am not being kept by some man. I do not think that by transferring here from a different school, I am humiliating seoul national University’s reputation.”

In his previous life, he had been foolish and suffered a lot of coldness and humiliation after enrolling here.

With jennie and eunji's interference, he blamed all of this on jungkook and felt that if he had not been a busybody, he would not have to go through this.

He never even thanked him once for the money he had spent.

In fact, the trouble he met in school was completely unrelated to him.

Jungkook had helped him in getting a chance to progress from being just a high school graduate. Moreover, he gave him the opportunity to become a student in Seoul national University, the school that everyone dreamed of attending.

After gaining clarity in his mind, his heart genuinely ached for how much jungkook had done for him. He finally knew that jungkook had the best intentions for him.

If things went as they did in his last life, he would suffer today’s defamation and the school would decide to expel him. Then, jungkook would secretly interfere to suppress the matter.

In the four years he stayed in university, he was almost expelled many times. It was with jungkook's help that he eventually managed to graduate from this place.

Still, whenever teachers or students brought his name up, they would consider him to be a stain on the university’s reputation. Jungkook's reputation suffered as well because of him.

Thus, in this life, even without depending on jungkook, he would definitely eliminate all those stains on his reputation and become an independent man. This way, he would be able to... be of some support to him.

Upon hearing taehyung's version, all the students and teachers fell silent.

“Is that the truth?” The person who asked this was eunwoo, who was leaning against the door.

“Of course it’s a lie.” iseul responded angrily. “he’s a kept man and he spent a hundred million dollars to be enrolled here. He isn’t an exchange student at all!”

Eunwoo became unhappy. “Teacher song, you have to be responsible for your words. Do you mean to say that someone from Seoul national University accepted the money? If you do, everyone will assume that my father, the principal, is the most suspicious person in this case. Are you certain about this matter?”

Although iseul felt this way, she tried her best to deny it. “I never said that the principal accepted bribes.”

“My father is fair and hard working. Since giving birth to me, he has been expressing his gratitude to God everyday. The profits from my mom’s company are also endless. There’s absolutely no way my father will accept bribes!” eunwoo normally appeared to be careless and playful, but when it came to crucial moments, he knew how to protect what was important to him.