Chapter 4

I felt as tense as a stick as I sat next to her, not knowing her next move. Don't ask me how I appeared next to her when I was standing a few feet away a few seconds ago.

“Now,” She smiled, winking an eye, “I rather like your quarters, but I'm afraid they are a bit out of my comfort zone,” She pouted before raising her hand. My instant reaction was to wince as I jumped up just as she snapped her fingers. The sound richocheted across the room, and before I knew it, we were hit by a cool breeze, and the familiar walls of the room were nowhere to be seen.

My eyes raked over the open space, but all I saw were flowers upon flowers. We were in the middle of an unending meadow. Daisies, poppies, sunflowers, roses, bluebells, every single flower was visible way into the distance, including flowers I have never seen before. It was beautiful, but the second I felt a ticklish sensation in my nose, I knew that this beautiful place would be the death of me.

A large sneeze ripped through me and had me feeling clogged until I was a sniffling mess. The scents of the flowers were a lovely, sweet fragrance that tickled my allergies until I was sneezing into tomorrow.

“Oh my,” The woman giggled, raising her index finger against her lips while closing her eyes in amusement. “I apologise for the inconvenience. I rather like the outdoors, but you seem to be the opposite, my dear.” She smiled before snapping her fingers again. The sound of tingles filled my ears, making me turn around a few times until my eyes landed on a small - probably palm length flying being with the sweetest smile. It was a fairy! She had the most beautiful strawberry red hair tied in a half up half down hairstyle with two bangs framing her small face. Her eyes shone as bright as emerald jewels in the setting sun. Her lips were a beautiful rosy red pair, and her cheeks held a light blush on her olive skin. Her eyelashes were a curly full set that I envied. Her full red eyebrows were perfectly arched and completed her features. A small button nose made her cute face even cuter as she flew up and giggled at me. Her long, flowy red dress fell down in layers like those of flower petals on a flower - specifically a rose in her case. Her dress was an off the shoulder with loose long sleeves that flowed down to the end of her dress, but the slits on each arm allowed for her hands to move about without being restrained by the long sleeves.

Her small hands gently placed themselves in a featherlight caress on my forehead as she leaned down and pressed a barely feel-able kiss on my forehead. A sudden rush of calmness washed throughout my body like a flame from the spot, making my knees go weak. My lips fell apart as they parted from the relaxing sensation.

The fairy gently moved away and smiled at me before flying over to the woman who was already surrounded by others wearing different attires. Some of them were placing plates full of snacks on the table while others were placing cups. Others were happily chatting and giggling in barely hushed voices to the woman who happily listened to them. A few male fairies were also flying around, helping with setting up the table that was now laid full of sweet snacks. From cupcakes to biscuits, macaroons, and cake slices. I even spotted croissants and muffins. If it wasn't for the circumstances, I would be drooling in anticipation.

“Alright now, thank you for your assistance as usual, my Lovelies. Go rest, and I will summon you if your aid is required once more.” The woman spoke to them in a soothing, motherly voice.

The little fairies happily nodded in understanding before flying up and standing in a row in front of me, giving me quick waves before flying about into the flowers where they disappeared. A tree suddenly sprouted on the side of the table, creating some shade as the woman smiled at me from across the table and gestured to the vacant seat in front of me, “Please sit, Dear.”

I cautiously moved forward and carefully sat in the vacant seat, knowing that I had no other choice but to abide or she would teleport me like earlier.