The Drama Club

It's been a while since the last ghost attack. Turns out that you can simply refuse a ghost attack. Clockwork had explained to Danny that ghosts tend to respect others haunts, so if he claimed Amity as his haunt the ghosts should become far and few between. And it worked. He only has to deal with stubborn ghosts. While he had that problem dealt with he still had another, school. His grades had dropped drastically since his accident and he was trying his best to pull them up. That's what led him here today.

     "I understand Mr.Fenton that you are trying to pull your grades up, but I'm afraid that you've started caring far too late." Mr. Lancer said showing Danny his computer screen. "In order for you to pass you would need to pull your average up by 20% and I just don't see that happening."

     Danny looked at Mr. Lancer and rubbed the back of his neck, "There isn't anything I can do to pull it up?"

     "I didn't say that Mr. Fenton. There are two things that could possibly be able to help pull it up. That would be extra credit assignments and an additional class, which for you would have to be an after school program."

    Danny thought for a moment. He had to pull his grade up but he wasn't sure how an after school class would affect him. It was worth a try anyway.

    "What programs are available?"

     "Well... There's the football team, soccer team, cheer squad, art club, drama club, and the paranormal investigation club."

      Right off the bat Danny knew the paranormal investigators was off the list. He absolutely refused to join the sports teams or cheer squad. He could do art but he thinks the teacher has it out for him. That leaves... crud.

     "I'd like to join the drama club."

     "Great Gatsby Mr. Fenton! I didn't know you liked that kind of thing. I'll have you know that I'm quite the thespian myself. That's why I'm the head of the club. Meetings are every Wednesday and Friday after school. I hope to see you there."

     "Oh, yeah. I'm a fan of a few musicals. I think it might be fun (not like I have a choice)."

     With that Danny went off to find Tucker and Sam. He would love to hear what Sam had to say about his fate.

————————————————————————

"So let me get this straight. You could have chosen to be in the art club with me but you chose to be with a few A-listers in the drama club!"

"In my defence Ms. Clement looks at me as though I killed and feed her cat to her. And wait? Did you say that A-listers are in the club?!"

Tucker and Sam shared a look before Tucker said, "Yeah man, you didn't know? Star and Paulina have been talking nonstop about this year's musical."

All Danny wanted was a stress free class and now he was stuck in an after school program with some of the A-lister at least today was Tuesday. He didn't have to deal with that today. That's what he thought until Dash and his friends came up to him.

"Sup Fenturd! I heard from Kwan that you joined the theatre club!"

So much for having a worry free day.

"Yeah? What's it to you Dash?"

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to enjoy seeing you fail in front of everyone during the musical."

Sam looked fed up, "At least he can actually sing unlike you. You sound like a chipmunk breaking wind!"

Dash's face turned red, "Well if he is so good at singing I hope he gets a lead role! Then when he gets up on stage he forgets all his lines and embarrasses himself!" he then storms off in a tantrum, and his minions not that far behind.

     Then Sam and Tucker shared a look.

     "Hey, Danny? How would you like the chance to prove Dash that you are a good singer."

     Danny thought for a moment, "What do you have in mind?"

      Tucker said, "Oh, you know. The Highschool Musical reenactment."

       Danny felt his eyes widen, "No! Are you crazy?! There is no possible way I would turn down the chance to do this!"

     Tucker gave him an evil smirk. Danny stood on top of the lunch table and let the words flow. Tucker turned to his PDA, typed in a few words, and music began blaring through the cafeteria.

     "You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain! Too much love drives a man insane!"

     He felt the eyes of his classmates gaze upon him but that didn't stop him!

     "You broke my will, but what a thrill! Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

      What Danny didn't expect was a couple of people to join in with him once they recognised the song.

     "I laughed at love cause a thought it was funny, but you came along and you moved me honey! I've changed my mind, this love is fine! Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

     Dash looked like an overripe tomato and Danny was soaking every bit of it up, that and the attention.

     "Kiss me, baby! Ooh, that feels good, baby! Hold me, baby! I wanna love you like a lover should!"

     Mr. Lancer walked into the cafeteria and saw Danny on the table. He didn't say anything about it because most of the students looked to be enjoying themselves.

    "You're fine, you're so kind, I wanna love like your mine, mine, mine, mine! I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs! I'm getting nervous, but it sure is fun!"

     Lancer could hardly believe his eyes, his students were dancing and getting along and it was unlike anything he had ever seen. In all his years of teaching he has never seen a student move the others like this. He had the perfect role for Danny.

     "Come on baby! You're driving me crazy! Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

      During the piano solo Sam got onto the table with Danny and they started to dance. Tucker was vibing in the background blasting the music.

    "Kiss me baby! Ooh, that feels good, baby! Hold me baby! I wanna love you like a lover should. You're so fine, you're too kind! I wanna tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine!"

     Danny jumped from the table and let the words overtake him!

     "I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs! I'm getting nervous, but it sure is fun!

    "Come on baby! You're driving me crazy! Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

     As Danny finished the students started to cheer. Danny looked across the ocean of students and saw their smiles and he knew that he had done the right thing.