Chapter 96

“So what?” jimin harrumphed coldly. “As long as it’s someone who has treated taehyung poorly, I don’t care whose mother-in-law she is, I can’t have any appreciation for her.”

Suho reminded him severely. “You... if these words reach CEO Jeon, your life might end soon!”

Eunji gave suho a kind smile. “Child, there’s no need to harm the relationship over your roommates because of me.”

Suho immediately flattered her. “Auntie, you’re so kind. You’re really graceful.”

Eunji then addressed jimin. “Little boy, you might have some misunderstandings about me. The reason I didn’t visit taehyung previously is because I was too busy with work. Ever since taehyung's father collapsed, the entire Kim family has been relying on me...”

“Didn’t you beg for more than a billion dollars from jungkook?” jimin was unmoved by her pitiful act.

This was because after he became taehyung's friend yesterday, he came to learn a lot about their Kim family from him.

This old woman, in all likelihood, wasn’t even taehyung's birth mother.

Beg...

When eunji heard this word, she nearly exploded with anger.

She upheld some reputation in the business world. To think that an immature, useless young boy would dare use such a word to describe her!

She resisted the urge to lose her temper and asked taehyung softly. “he is...”

“he’s my friend, park jimin.”

“So you’re taehyung's friend.” eunji immediately put on a benevolent smile. “Our taehyung don’t have many friends. Jimin ah, in the future, I’ll have to trouble you to take care of our taehyung more.”

Jimin found her smile extremely fake. “There’s no need for you to tell me that.”

Eunji brought a silver bank card out of her pocket and handed it to taehyung. “taehyung, there are fifteen thousand dollars in this card. Mom didn’t do very well in the past. I’ll do my best to make it up to you right now.”

“Wow, fifteen thousand dollars!” suho was both envious and astonished.

He then shot jimin a cold look. “Can you still say that she doesn’t treat taehyung well? Look, she easily gave her fifteen thousand dollars.”

Before jimin could respond, taehyung smiled coldly. “Director Kim, keep your hypocrisies away. Back then, you ‘begged’ for more than billion dollars from jungkook but did not offer a single cent to me. You’ve never contributed anything to my school fees and living expenses. Now that jungkook has taken his money back, do you think you can trick me with that small generosity and use me as an excuse to keep taking money from the Jeon family?”

“taehyung, why do your words sound so strange?”  suho was confused. “jungkook is jennie's fiancé. If your mom wishes to get financial support from the Jeon family, she should be depending on jennie's name. Why would she depend on yours?”

“Mom! Why are you here? Don’t you know that third brother ...” jennie suddenly appeared by their dorm room entrance. “Please hurry and leave.”

In a moment of carelessness, eunji had drawn suspicion onto jennie's status as jungkook's fiancée. She began to feel nervous. “But...”

“Leave everything else to me. Please go ahead and return to your work.” Since jennie said so, eunji took the bank card and hurried off.

Jennie immediately tugged suho to the adjacent room, room 202.

God knows what jennie told him. When Wu suho returned, the way he looked at taehyung had changed. His gaze was filled with disdain. “It turns out that you’re someone like that!”