5. Paediatrics or something

Once the rest of the 118 had signed off disclaimers, talked to police officers, times of death were sent around and reports were written, the crew all headed back to the engine, tired and grateful to go home.

Eddie stayed in the ambulance with the little girl, soon to be taken to the paediatric ward to have a checkup. Thankfully she hadn't shown any signs of pain, not physically anyway.

The engine followed the ambulance to the hospital. Eddie climbed out of the back with another of the paramedics and all of the 118 came too. They knew Eddie needed them and they all needed each other too.

They walked up to the front desk and told the receptionist they needed to see a paediatrician as soon as possible and thankfully she had a doctor off duty.
"Let me just go get her for you"
...
"Hey there I'm Doctor Lark and I'm going to help you today... all of you?" She asked with a puzzled look on her face.
"Oh no" chuckled Bobby glancing over to Eddie and pointing at him, "we just have one kid we need to get checked over."
"Okay perfect just this way, do some of you mind waiting back it might get a bit crowded?" She giggled.
Hen and Chimney nodded right away and rubbed Eddies arm in comfort before walking to the waiting room and taking a seat. Bobby took a second to register what she said and then nodded once he realised and said "ah" before going to join them. Buck went to follow him too but Eddie grabbed his arm with his the arm he wasn't holding the child in which made Buck turn in surprise.

"Do you mind coming with me?" Eddie muttered.

Buck raised his eyebrows and stuttered slightly but quickly spat out
"Yeah of course man yeah sure whatever."

They followed Doctor Lark into the small room. There was a bed in the middle with a pastel green bedsheet adorned with little silhouettes of birds and butterflies. The walls were one huge mural that wrapped around the room, with cartoon pictures of animals everywhere. A 'GET WELL SOON' helium balloon hugged the ceiling, desperate to escape but so weak it was unable to. Like a lot of the sick children here.

"Do you just want to place her on the bed" Dr Lark said sweetly.

"Won't that wake her up?" Eddie replied, concern in his voice.

"Yes but it's important she's awake i need to check her responses and I can't do that while she is asleep"

"Oh right yeah"

Eddie gently peeled the small warm body off his shoulder and lay her down gently on the bed. The sheets were cold and the mattress was hard. Typical hospital.

She stirred before stretching out her arms a little too fast and hitting her little wrist on the counter beside the bed and yelping out in pain. Eddie winced.

"Well hi there sweetie" Dr Lark cooed in a slightly annoying tone.

The girl scrambled up the bed and threw herself into the corner on the pillow where the bed met the wall.

"Its alright you're safe honey don't be scared" Dr Lark cooed again.
"I just need to check that you are okay my love and then you can go back to sleep" she purred.
The toddlers eyes stared at Dr Lark for a moment before she looked over to Buck and Eddie. After seeing Eddie and the end of the bed she took another look at the doctor and then scrambled quickly down the bed and threw herself back into Eddie's arms.
To say this took everyone in the room by surprise would be an understatement. Eddie stayed still for a moment before hesitantly wrapping his arms around the clingy little body and the doctor just stared in confusion.

"Well i don't think she is going to listen to me" Dr Lark said, her voice back to a normal pitch. Thank God for that. "Do you think you can try and get some information out of her?" She continued, looking seriously at Eddie.
"Uh... umm... yeah... sure i can" Eddie replied, seeming very unsure. "What do i ask?" He whispered.

"Just personal details, name, age, family, i need as much information as i can get Mr Diaz"

"Right got it."
————————————————————————-
Authors note :
This story has no views atm but i don't rly know how it works with wattpad so hopefully some people see this. This is pretty boring atm but i do waffle a lot so ill try and cut to the interesting bits 😂
Might publish one more chapter today
See ya ❤️