Part 3

Matteo and I are back at my house to pack my overnight bag. He wants to be with me the whole weekend, even at night. Matteo is sprawled out on my bed with his hands and feet hanging off the edges.

He shifts, "Can I pack your bags?"

"Why would you want to do that? And anyways I'm almost done." Without looking at him I feel his eyes on my back.

"Just 'cause." He flops back down onto the bed. "Are your parents home?"

"Yes, I saw both cars in the garage." Why would he ask that? I can now hear my mother's footsteps coming up the stairs. And the door slams open.

"Why aren't you doing schoolwork? I said that your friends can't come over until everything is done and turned in, even if it is optional." Oh great, now I'm in trouble.

"She has done everything, Mrs.Campbell. I saw her get all of her homework done." Matteo knows my mother is super strict when it comes to school and assignments. I'm glad I have Matteo.

"Yes, I have everything done, mother." She still glares at me.

"I was wondering if Millie could stay the weekend at my house." Good thing he brought it up, I don't like asking my mother for permission on anything, and she will be nice because of Matteo being here.

"If everything is done, then you may. But if I find out you have an assignment missing, no going out for the rest of the year." thank goodness she said yes.

"I understand, Mother." she promptly turns and my eyes drift over to Matteo, "Thank you for asking."

"You are welcome, I know you don't like asking her for things. Now get packed up so we can leave!" he jumps up from my bed to grab my bag and heads out the door.

"Wait, I'm not done packing!" I didn't pack any PJs yet.

"I have stuff you can wear, let's go." I ran down the stairs after my bag and Matteo I stopped when I saw my dad.

"Hey honey, where are you two going?" he looks expectantly at the both of us.

"I'm going to Matteo's house for the weekend. You and Mother can have a house all to yourselves." please don't say no, please don't say no.

"Just make sure you get some sleep," He's looking at Matteo, and Teo nods back, "And have fun. Bye." What was that about?

Matteo's house isn't far, maybe 10 minutes away. He has a beautiful house, gray shingles, a dusty blue exterior, and a homey feeling. It is his mother's pride and joy. She fell in love with this house at first sight, she was the one to make it feel like a second home to me.

"Millie! So good to see you, have you grown?" she gasps, "You are still so beautiful!" I love his mother, the best lady in the world.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in so long! Is it okay if I stay here for the weekend?" Her face brightens and an expectant look is aimed at Matteo.

"Of course. You are always welcome." Her megawatt smile is directed towards me and I can't help smiling back at her.

"What she said." comes from the couch.

"Dinner is done so go up to get your things in order but come right back down to eat." With a cheek kiss for the both of us, she sends us off. Matteo picks up my bag and leads us to his room.

After setting my stuff down we rushed back to the kitchen to grab plates and get food. Teo dumps a large serving of fettuccine alfredo with chicken onto his plate, a slice of bread, and a tall glass of milk. I grab some salad that Mrs.Conti made, some fettuccine alfredo, and a half glass of milk. Everyone is quiet as we eat, and the food is amazing as always. Teo's dad turns to me, "What school are you hoping to go to?"

"I'm hoping to get into Stanford, for law, but I'm applying to as many as I can." I want to be on a scholarship to help with costs but I don't say that.

Everyone has finished eating, while I pick at my food. I'm trying to lose a few pounds so I can get into running shape, like the other girls. "Are you done Topina? You didn't eat much. But if you are done I can take your plate." His parents share and his little sister smiles at the nickname.

"Yes, I'm done." He grabs my plate along with his family's plates. "Thank you."

"If you want to head up to my room, I'll be there in a few." a good night to his parents and a nod to Teo I head up the stairs.

Matteo's room is ginormous, gray with navy accents, navy sheets, and navy curtains. I've slept over a few other times and always sleep on the couch with some of his blankets. So I grab the usual pillow and blanket to lay on the couch.

Matteo stops me, "What are you doing?"

"Making my bed for the next few nights." Why else would I be grabbing blankets and pillows?

"No, you just got out of the hospital. I won't let you sleep on my couch. You will sleep in my bed for the next few nights." with that he pulls me by the blankets towards the bed.

"What?" he sweeps my legs and lifts me in a bridal style, "No, no, no, no. Don't THROW ME!" he laughs and chucks my body into the middle of his bed. His body lands on top of me to pin me to the bed, my body in a starfish position.

"You just said I can't sleep on the couch but now you're throwing me around? I don't understand this logic mister." he's been acting weird since the school year started.

"I just think sleeping in my bed will be better in the long term, the short term doesn't matter." he and his confusing reasons.

With a wicked smile he stalks closer and grabs my arms, "I got you now." he promptly flips me over so my face is pressed into the comforter. I can feel his breath on my neck then going to my ear, "Did you forget that I wrestle?"

My voice comes out muffled "Yes. Now off, doggy." The brat used his varsity moves to pin me TO HIS BED.

"Ugh fine." Yes, now I can finally breathe. "I can sleep on the couch."

Sitting up, "But it is your bed, I can handle the couch. I only fainted once."

"Not really, you fainted twice." I did?! "If you don't want me on the couch I wouldn't mind sharing my bed with you. If that's okay."

"Your house, your rules. Whatever is good with me." I will need to talk to Kailani about this later. Do a little analysis of everything. "Let's play a game."