Part 4

Matteo

I was so scared when I got a call from Millie's friend. My blood was on fire pumping adrenaline through my veins as I grabbed some clothes, rushed out of the house, and sped to the hospital. I put my seatbelt on because I didn't want to be roommates with her at the hospital.

I wait until Isabella has left to get her pjs on. to tell my parents what happened as I'm clearing plates, Millie goes upstairs. Her plate is the last one I get to. "Hey ma, I'm worried for Millie. Do you know how she fainted? The doctors told me it was because she wasn't eating or drinking enough, and she overheated during her run. And now she barely ate anything. Should I ask her about it?" my ma pauses before speaking.

"I know her mother puts a lot of pressure on her and being the captain of her team she probably is trying to make everyone happy. When I was in high school I had a friend who always compares herself to all the other girls. I see the same things with Millie as I did with my friend. She had body dysmorphia and it was really hard on her body and mind. Above all we want to make sure Millie is alright but first, we have to be sure she does need our help. If we ask her too soon she will start to hide things from us. And I don't want that. So I think we should hold off on talking to her, but encourage her to make the right decisions, like making sure she is eating and drinking." my pa grunts in agreement.

"That makes sense, thanks ma." I will make sure Millie is healthy.

Dashing up the stairs I see her moving pillows and blankets to the couch. Hell no, she will not be sleeping on the couch. "What are you doing?"

"Making my bed for the next few nights." I don't think so.

"No, you just got out of the hospital. I won't let you sleep on my couch. You will sleep in my bed for the next few nights." I grab the blanket and jerk it towards me with Millie lurching towards the bed. I know exactly how to get her to stay in my bed. So, I took her to a bridal style.

"No, no, no, no. DON'T THROW ME!" Yes, throw you. She lands in the middle of the bed with her arms and legs splayed out.

"You just said I can't sleep on the couch but now you're throwing me around? I don't understand this logic, mister." no logic I just like her in my bed, AND to heal. But I can't tell her that.

"I just think sleeping in my bed will be better in the long term, the short term doesn't matter." That is the best excuse I can get, most of it's true anyway.

She seems to agree and doesn't fight me. I start to creep to the bed, and I pounce on her while grabbing her arms, "I got you now." Mission successful, now I just need to make myself clear about the bed rules. I flip her over so I straddle her back as her face is squished into my bed sheets. Just the way I like her, under me, kidding, but not really. I lean down to whisper in her ear, "Did you forget that I wrestle?" I don't mind if she forgets 'cause I can remind her over and over again.

Her voice is smushed into the comforter but she gets a "Yes. Now off, doggy." doggy? I don't mind being her dog. She takes a deep breath as I get off of her.

"Ugh fine." I wine like a little kid, but she will not be sleeping on the couch, I will, even if I want to sleep next to her, "I can sleep on the couch."

She looks up at me with those stormy eyes, "But it is your bed, I can handle the couch. I only fainted once." I better tell her.

"Not really, you actually fainted twice. If you don't want me on the couch I won't mind sharing my bed with you. If that's okay." He shoots...

"Your house, your rules. Whatever is good with me." HE SCORES! "Let's play a game." Oh, do I have a game in mind.

Millie

"I've got a good one, you sit there while I clear a spot." He proceeds to MOVE THE COUCH.

"I can help. What needs to be moved?" I might as well make myself useful, even though he told me not to move.

"No, you stay right there." He moved the couch, table, and basket of blankets to make an open space in the middle of the room. He didn't move the rug that covers most of the space though. What is he planning?

"Tell me about this game."

"Okay, what socks do you have on right now?" What do my socks have to do with this?

"Uhm, my normal ones." Like what crazy person doesn't wear socks in someone else's home? I won't be walking around barefoot.

"Go grab the fuzzy socks, one pair for you and me." I walk into his closet and go to "my drawer" to get a pair of my fuzzy socks I left one time. And then get a fuzzy pair from his sock drawer.

"I got them. Should I put them on?"

"Yes, okay the goal of the game is to get the socks off the other person. Whoever gets both socks off wins." Oh great.

"You'll have the advantage Mr.'I can wrestle'. Didn't you say I can't do any long-term thing? Is this not long-term?" This is going to be interesting

"I'll go easy on you, trust me. Come over here. You stand on that side of the carpet and I'll start from this side. On three. one, two, three, GO!" He launches for my feet as I jump away. I'm a bit faster than him, I ACTUALLY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE.

"YOU CAN'T CATCH ME I'M THE GINGERBREAD MAN!!!" I yell at him.

"I'M GONNA EAT YOU!" That's what he said. Wait. EAT ME?? What is going on with him?

"AHHHHH," taking advantage of my hesitation, he propels himself at me, his arms wrapping around my arms and sides, caging me in his arms, and bringing me to the ground gently. He turns so I'm on top of him. Then he flipped us so I'm on the bottom. "TEO, THIS IS NOT FAIR!"

"YES IT IS!" Then he sits up straddling my back with his thighs holding my body down and his hands locking my arms to my sides. He quickly turns his body so he is straddling me but facing my fuzzy sock feet! I will NOT let him win like this. I turn my thrashing mode on and I'm able to free myself but he grabs one of my feet. I rip it out of his hold and scamper to the other side of the carpet. Only one of my socks is halfway down, so I pull it up and keep my eyes on Matteo.

"You didn't get me this time." We circle each other, he is crouched into his usual wrestling position and I copy his movements. Shuffling my feet as we circle each other. I make the first move, grab his hand, and pull with all my strength. He falls as I skirt around him and sit on one of his legs. I rip one of his socks off. YES, I GOT ONE. But before I get to the next one he is pulling his leg free from under me. Dang it. I dangle the sock in the air, "Look what I got, hmm, looks like you're missing a sock. How did that happen?"

He answers me with a mischievous face, "Magic, now it is my turn." all of a sudden he is lunging for my legs. But instead of making me fall, he stands up with me on his shoulders! I tried my thrashing method but it failed and his grip on my legs got tighter. "I guess you are stuck here. I might as well take a souvenir for myself." I can feel his fingers working my sock off my foot. One off, one left to go. Since thrashing mode didn't work, maybe boneless will. With a "blah" I flop, my legs and my arms fall. One of my hands smacks his butt. I didn't realize he had such a nice butt.

"Oops," I didn't mean to hit his butt.

"If you wanted to touch my butt you could have just asked nicely." I smack it again just for good measure. He starts laughing and my body slowly starts to slip from his hold. With a quick turn, I am free of his evil clutches. He crumples into a laughing mess. I also start to laugh 'cause it's just as funny to see someone laugh.

Now we are both dying of laughter with one sock on and the other flung somewhere in the room. My torso starts to hurt from laughing, and tears start to fall. When Teo looks up he sees a crying-laughing mess. "Bambina are you okay? We can save the rest of this game for later."

Finally getting myself in control, "That's a good idea it's 10 now anyway. And I am tired. I'll go change, oh do you have clothes I could borrow for the night? I also want to shower, is that okay?"

"Yes, one second, let me get some clothes." He goes to the closet and comes out with black boxers and a dark green t-shirt. "Does this work?"

"Yes thank you." I go into his bathroom with my toothbrush, paste, brush, and hair ties.