chapter 3

"You okay, darling?" I dreaded that nickname for once.
"Yeah, I-I-I'm fin-e." I said stuttering like crazy. I had this when any type of strong negative emotion came over me.
He took notice of this and sternly responded.
"No. No, you're not." He said standing up and sitting back down on the couch.
I moved closer to him, despite the nightmare.
I basically glued myself to him.
It was already 11p.m. I was sleeping from around 4 p.m.
"Do you... want to sleep at my room tonight?" He hesitantly asked. I nodded into his chest.
He picked me up, bridal style. And carried me into his room.
He got some nightwear from one of the boxes and handed it to me. He took his own and went to change into the bathroom.
He opened the door, but I was still without a shirt.
"Okay, do you want your own blanket or-" he slammed the door closed, red-faced.
I had a red face too. No wonder, he basically just saw everything he needed to kick me out of his room. But he didn't, he instead waited for me to call out.
"You can come out now.."
He opened the door again, still with a red face.
"Do you want to share a blanket or do you want your own?"
"We can share if you don't mind." I assured him.
We got into bed, I was still trembling from the nightmare. We each laid down on one side, but before we knew it, we were glued to eachother, he had his arm under my head, and the other on my waist, as I just nuzzled into him.
He was probably red, as I was too. But since it was dark, we luckily didn't see.
I soon fell asleep in his arms, taking in his warmth.
As far as I know, he didn't leave in the middle of the night like last time.
When I woke up, he was laying on his back. Reading a book, as I was laying on him. He had his hand on my back as he happily read. I immediately got red and shot up, startling him.
"Sorry.." it was a saturday, he didn't work on the weekends.
Which meant that we could sleep in.
"I didn't mind it..." he muttered, I could barely hear.
"Hm?"-J
"Nothing.."-A
"You wanna read some more?"-J
"Mhm"-A
"Can I join you?"
He nodded already invested in the book again, as I laid beside him.
He read the next chapter, and got up.
Probably hungry, I knew I wasn't.
He got down to the kitchen, and started cooking up something.
I went to go get changed, as he went after he cooked.
When I got back, he was already there. Putting his portion on a plate. But then he asked me
"Fawn, how much do you want?"-A
"I'm not hungry."-J
"That's not an answer." He insisted that I got fed. And out a good sized portion on my plate.
Great.. I knew I couldn't eat it all, but I scarfed it all down anyway. I didn't want to disrespect his cooking.
I leaned back on the chair and closed my eyes for a minute.
When I opened them, his face was just inches from mine, as he bent down to look at me. I got red and tried to straighten myself up, just to only hit our faces together. Making my nose bleed.
"Awh, crap!" I said as I held my hand under my chin, temporarily catching any blood that spilled out.
He immediately got a tissue and held it under my nose.
"Well, you're lucky today." He admitted
"Yeah, but this one was your fault.." -J
I knew, that we both knew that we had feelings for eachother, but were too dumb to say it.
As my nose eventually calmed down, which took about a good 5 minutes,
We had some free time.
I went to read a book in the mini library he had in his house, and he went to do puzzles.
After maybe an hour, the door to the library opened, but I was too deep in my reading to acknowlegde it.
He came up to me from behind, casting a shadow on the book, pulling me out of my daydreams.
"Oh, hey Al, done with your puzzles?"
"Yes, my dear. I just couldn't figure out where one of the pieces went..." It sounded like he was subtly asking for my help.
I got up, and went to the living room.
Where he had the almost complete puzzle laid out, it was a picture of a flower meadow, composed of pink, yellow and blue flowers.
The piece that didn't fit was red...
"Umm.... Al?" He turned around
"That piece is red.." I picked it up to examine it.. as I looked closer, I realised that it was just stained.
'What the hell..?'
I put it where it seemingly belonged, it fit... but it looked so out of place since it was stained.
Alastor leaned over it, looking at it. Then his eyes widened. He looked nervous, like this wasn't supposed to happen.
I knew it was blood, who wouldn't?
I was a killer too, this was really obvious by his late night 'walks'.
I knew, but didn't interfiere. I was just waiting for the right moment to confess to him, so that we could pair up.
I was called the Langue enflée, Which meante tougue stealer. Each time that I killed, I would kill a competing wine company for my parents, but it had to be subtle. The real reason we had to move was because I killed too much, it wasn't my fault. I would get paid a few bucks for a kill from my parents. They were slightly psychotic, but quickly realised that I was a stealth master. I could pick locks, sneak around the house, etc. They only found out when I picked the lock so that I could get my radio back from the locked cabinet. Because I was standing on the counter, and they were sitting aroumd a meter and a half away, they didn't hear, or see me sneak in.
They used that to their advantage, and made me a hitman. I didn't mind, I was 16 and getting paid $200 for a kill. It was win/win for me, I could let steam off and get paid. I could kill them however I wanted. I did like stealing their tounges and putting them in the hand of the dead body.
That's why the name, and why the french? Because it was mainly the french we needed to kill off, and because it sounds cool.
Alastor pulled me out of my thoughts by thanking me.
"Thank you, dear...."
"You're welcome.." he knew I sounded a bit unsure, but didn't say anything.
The rest of the day flew by, as we went off to sleep, in our own rooms this time.
At around 2 a.m. I got out of bed, I got out my pocket knife, gloves and a few napkins, I heard the basement door close.
I opened the door to my room, only to be met with...... Alastor..?
He was holding a kitchen knife, fully soaked with blood. Gloved, bloodied hands and fully dressed, with blood splatters all over his face. I looked up at him, holding the clean knife and gloved hands too.
"Dear, I can explain..." he didn't see the knife I was holding yet.
"You don't need to." I relaxed, he didn't have to courage to report me.
I pulled out the knife, and showed it to him.
"You know you're looking at Langue enflée, Right?" I assured him.
Even though I loved him, I wasn't too hesitant to slash up his face.
It took him a while to realise what the actual hell I just said.
He quickly breathed in to say something, but didn't say it. Instead he calmly took off his gloves and threw them out.
"What are the chances of two murderers coming together?" He asked, unsure.
"Depends, what are the chances of me coming back?" I picked up his keys, that he set down after coming out of the basement.
He put on new gloves, walking towards me. For a minute, I thought he would kill me but instead, he took the keys from me and opened the door for me. Like a true gentleman.
"After you, my dear~" I walked out as he did after me.
A gave him a mask I had in my pocket.
"Why the mask?" He held it in his hands.
"You don't wear one?"-J
"No.."-A
"It's so that if somebody sees you, so that they wouldn't see your face, idiot.."-J
"Oh, ofcourse.." he put it on, it was just a black facemask, not the one with just eye holes in it. It only covered the lower part of the face, but still better than nothing.
We walked in the shadows, until we saw a drunkie walk by. We both smiled at eachother..
I walked to him, my tactic for men was to seduce them. Since this one was wasted, it wouldn't be a problem.
"Hey there big boy... you wanna have a good time?" I planned to lead him to an alleyway that was near us.
Alastor smiled and blushed.
The drunkie giggled a little bit and gladly followed me.
Alastor followed closly behind.
"What's your name, sweet cheeks?" He asked, as I pulled out my knife.
"Langue enflée."
I slashed him in the face, as Alastor gladly held him.
He then broke his jaw, to let me slice out the tongue. Tge man sobered up real fast, and hit his own head into Alastors, giving him a black eye. I gladly stabed my knife in the mans stomach, letting him slowly bleed out. He deserved it.
When I was done, the mans life already left.
We had our fun with him, even though he was already dead.
When we got done, I started walking away, before Alastor grabbed me by the hand and pulled me back.
He had the idea that we would write our initials on the wall, that seemed great.
We wrote our initials.
'OR + LE' on the wall, so that everyone would know that we both were out to play...
We succesfully went home, as it was 4 a.m. and people were slowly starting to wake up for work.
We washed off, cleaned the knives, and went to sleep.
We woke up at around noon. We didn't blame eachother.
We made lunch, ate and played cards.
Then, Al turned on the radio, one of his coworkers had the shift, and the police already found the body.
"Here we have another murder, it seems that yesterday night, the Orleans Ripper striked again, but this time, he had Langue enflée with him, what a power move. These two massacred the poor man, the detailed indentity of the victim in still unknown, but we do know it was this power couple that murdered him, since their initials on the wall next to tge victim." We did a high five, as to celebrate our first co-kill.
I walked over to the balcony, and saw two police officers walking this way.
"Al, mutts this way." I informed him, he got up and put the plates in the sink
We heard a knock on the front door . . . .