Find me

Cw-Bloody description? Not too graphic really
——
My emotions are running high. I can't even think of anything but Ellie, I don't even think to tell the police until I'm already to far gone. I fasten my backpack to my shoulders as the Global Positioning System in my sweaty hands pointed my destination towards the unmarked trails of the woods outside of the comfort of my town.

My eyes frantically scanned the woods as I scrambled to the coordinates I believed I'd find the person I hold most dearly. Though I had only been running for a few minutes, it felt as if it had been hours. My inability to spot tree roots and Large rocks lying in my path led me to my knees. Scuffing up my hands and clothes. Ignoring the pain that clawed at my hands and knees as I persistently darted in the direction I was ordered. I wouldn't be stopped. I couldn't be stopped.

Knowing I was near by the GPS began to take pauses. Sometimes freezing up to a minute. Despite the device being fully charged, it just powered off? I chucked it into my bag pocket. Already frustrated I trekked forward.

I know I'm choosing my own cards in this moment. I know this path will ultimately lead to my demise. I'd stop at nothing for Ellie. If I can't have her back then I won't be wasting my time by following the path dealt to me by those who chose to take from me.

I fall through the bushes. A loud snap fills the air as I fall to the muddy ground beneath me. In front of my face there lies a dampened piece of paper. Sitting up off the muddy ground, I glance around at the foliage around me. I don't know where I am. I'm so lost. I practically rip the paper as I unfold it. My eyes skimming over the text. 'Hey! You found me. You win!' My brows knit together as I look around for a clear indication of a sign of life. Before long a ringing sound surrounds me.

I look around once more to find the origin of the sound. The more my eyes glance around like a rabbit about to be plucked from the ground by a hawk, the more my lungs seem to reject air. Coughing up the feeling of vile trying to escape the confinement of my throat. I retched and look down at what I thought would be vomit only to be met with the bright metallic scented substance.

I look further, watching in horror as the blood spread from the hole in my stomach. Unsure of what to do, I stand up but the blood loss has long gotten to me. My legs fail me and black stars fill my vision as I fall backwards. The last thing I can see is a pair of black boots approaching me.

"Hey, I found you. Guess that means I win."